3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2014 12:58 PM by gtmtg

Install UVC drivers through opkg on Edison?

gtmtg

Hi! I'm trying to connect a UVC-compatible camera to my Edison. I'd rather not rebuild the kernel with the UVC drivers included, so I was wondering if I could install them through opkg instead. I found these pages that talk about how to get the drivers through opkg (the package is called "kmod-video-uvc"), but I'm not able to find the package with my Edison. I suppose I should add the relevant package repositories, but I'm not sure (a) how to find the repositories to add and (b) how to actually add them on my Edison.

• 1. Re: Install UVC drivers through opkg on Edison?
          CMata_Intel

Hi gtmtg;

Check this website, is really helpful and is going to explain you how to add the repos you want, In the Package repo directory index, you would find the packages. I'm not sure if in there is the one that you are looking for, let me know if it helps you.

Regards;

CMata

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Install UVC drivers through opkg on Edison?
            AlexT_Intel

As CMata_Intel suggested, take a look at my repo, there is a uvcvideo package module, so you should be able to install it just fine.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Install UVC drivers through opkg on Edison?
              gtmtg

Thanks, CMata and AlexT! It looks like the drivers were actually already present; opkg said that the kernel-module-uvcvideo package was already installed, and my camera enumerated successfully.

As a sidenote, AlexT: I'm also trying to install OpenCV, and I was a confused about the different "flavors" of OpenCV (apps, dbg, dev, staticdev) listed in your repo. Which of the packages do I need to install to be able to use the library? (I'm thinking that I should be fine with the dev and recommended packages; is that correct?) EDIT: I figured this out; my assumption was correct.