1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2015 10:58 AM by soccerdog9

Playing Music on Intel Edison

bigdata

Hi,

I recently purchased the Intel Edison with Arduino kit and spent all day yesterday (thanksgiving) from dusk to dawn to be able to connect my Bose SoundLink Mini (A2DP Bluetooth Speaker) to my Intel Edison. I tried several things, but nothing came to avail. I always got

Attempting to connect to xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
      Failed to connect: org.bluez.Error.Failed

Also, I tried following How to install a kernel from my repo onto Edison with the official image from AlexT_Intel in order to install ALSA and thought that would worked, but it didn't, and I probably did something wrong-- after restarting; my Intel Edison actually seems to have bricked [doesn't detect/show WiFi anymore on rfkill list (I have tried restarting/starting/stopping wifi service) and cannot do anything with the Bluetooth- scan, pair, connect, etc].

To my understanding, I would probably have to flash the Intel Edison again, that's fine. I would really appreciate if someone can tell me how to get my Bose SoundLink Mini connected to my Intel Edison and actually be able to play some music on it (I will eventually stream music from Spotify Web API-PhantomJS, but I really just want to play anything first to my SoundLink Mini via Intel Edison).

Thanks

1 2 Previous Next