Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14575 Discussions

What is the maximum voltage and temperature for the i7 4770k?

NM_
Beginner

I searched the internet to find information on this topic, however many people only speculated and could not give me any official data from intel. Would 1,38v @60°C and 4,3 ghz decrease the lifetime of my cpu?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Angrymonkey,

The maximum speed that this CPU supports is 3.9 Ghz, we recommend customers to use the correct memory on their system in order to avoid any problem on the future.

The use of memory out of specification could damage the processor.

Lifespan of the CPU will decrease because of the use of memory out of specifications and it could generate processor damage.

Regarding the 1.38V @60 °C, would you please provide me more information about these records?

Are you referring to the memory voltage or modifying the voltage and the temperature of the processor?

0 Kudos
NM_
Beginner

Thank you for the reply,

my current memory has a frequency of 1600mhz and 1.5v and runs at default settings. I was referring to the maximum core voltage and temperature of the processor (such that there is no decrease in lifetime). I used Intel XTU to record temperatures of the processor.

My system is:

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H

Intel Core i7 4770K

Corsair Hydro Series H100i

16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600 G.Skill Ares

Gainward GF GTX 780 Phantom GLH

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Angry Monkey, it is important to keep in mind that any kind of modification to an internal component could generate damage to it, and that will reduce the lifetime also.

You are free to modify the voltage of the processor or any other setting. You can also overclocked it if you want to, but we just don't recommended.

All these settings can be change on the motherboard's BIOS

0 Kudos