Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 Issue

CBald6
Beginner

I have now spent the better part of a week trying to solve this problem, and am resorting to posting on forums. Hope you guys can help out.

I have an ASUS UX31A, purchased in Japan, running Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. The recovery partition was damaged and un-usable. I have recently flashed and updated the bios, re-installed windows and all the manufacturer drivers (manually http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ZENBOOK_UX31A/HelpDesk_Download/ UX31A - ASUS], and using the Intel driver update utility) to try and fix the following problem.

My Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 (http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/wireless/cwn-1030 Centrino® Wireless-N 1030) card is showing up as a "network controller" in device manager. No matter how many times I try to uninstall and manually install the driver to turn the "network controller" back into the WiFi it will not work. I am sure it is the card because of the hardware id's: "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008A&SUBSYS_00008086&REV_1A". Here's a picture of the problem:

Perhaps the WiFi is fried from a surge while I slept or something? Under the device properties, details, and then scrolled to "configflags" it says "configfailed". I also want to mention that it sorta just happened overnight, I was working on wifi in the evening, the next morning I woke up, opened my laptop and boom it was gone. I'm using an included usb-ethernet adapter now to access the internet. Any ideas?

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at this.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

It is usually recommended to install the Intel® Chipset Device driver and Intel® Management Engine driver before any other one.

Do you know if there is a software switch provided by ASUS* in order to enable WiFi? I suggest you contacting ASUS* since it is possible they know something that we are overlooking.

Another available option is to see if the Microsoft* inbox driver gets installed via Windows* Update.

0 Kudos