Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

cant update to Driver Version: 15.33.30.64.3958

aandr28
New Contributor I

Hi.

I have HP Pavilion g6-2382sa Notebook PC with Intel i5 3230M CPU + Intel HD 4000.

Original drivers are modified by HP but I have removed them and cleaned pc form their software.

So I have used generic Intel HD 4000 drivers for a long time and was really happy. At the moment I have 10.18.10.3958 drivers installed.

Intel drivers update utility offers me to download newer drivers version 15.33.30.64.3958.

I have downloaded drivers and unziped in to folder and after I hit install I get nothing more then 10.18.10.3958 drivers installed.

Even I have uninstalled old drivers cleared files from system rebooted pc and after a try to install a new version I got 10.18.10.3958 drivers installed again

Looks like driver pack named as newer driver has older driver inside

I'm CompTIA A+ Net + certified currently doing security+ and MCSA servers 2012 so I'm not new in Computers and Networking

but this issue got me confused.

Any comment are very appreciated.

Regards

Andrius Karpas

0 Kudos
9 Replies
aandr28
New Contributor I

I found this answer in one of the similar topic

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

Actually, I do not see any problem at all, the latest graphics driver is version 15.33.30.64.3958 and the same build number is 10.18.10.3958

See readme file for more information: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/24329/eng/Installation_Readme64.txt?_ga=1.118194698.244956517.1416579612 http://downloadmirror.intel.com/24329/eng/Installation_Readme64.txt

In my unziped pack in txt file is nothing stated as in the one provided in the answer.

My one looks like

README FILE

Release Version: Production Version

Driver Version: 15.33.30.64.3958

Operating System(s):

Microsoft Windows* 7 64

Microsoft Windows* 8 64

Microsoft Windows* 8.1 64

Release Date: October 3, 2014

and all other info down to bottom.

But if this answer is correct so my question could be closed then.

0 Kudos
PLiv
New Contributor II

Lucanas you can close it yourself, just click / tap Correct Answer, and the community will know it has been answered.

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

no I cant do this now until I get the an answer to the next question.

Why Intel update utility offers to install newer drives then I have newest installed, why is that messed up,

packet itself has one ID number and driver inside packet had different ID number ?

As it sound crazy and not logical, utility states you have older driver installed you may download newer driver

and update your older one but at the end you know that the utility lies for as you have newest installed .:D

0 Kudos
PLiv
New Contributor II

Yes, I agree with you, Intel driver update utility suffered a serious regression recently. Previously it was an Activex for Internet Explorer and a Java application for other browsers. Recently it was re-designed into a windows desktop application, but this re-designing came with serious flaws. Most notably being:

-missing drivers and software for various classes of hardware components;

-numerous false positives like you highlighted in this thread,

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

The Intel® Driver Update Utility show be providing the latest information. We have received reports from customers saying the Driver Utility does not work correctly.

If you uninstall the driver completely from device manager, you can try running the Intel® Driver Update Utility and it will show you the latest driver 3958 but maybe is a different Package number.

You can also try installing the latest driver by downloading the driver here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24329&lang=eng&ProdId=3712 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24329&lang=eng&ProdId=3712

Kevin M

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

Dear Kevin I have used all possible ways to install newer drivers downloading it manually or trough the utility the same problem or its seems no problem at all as i have latest drivers. But the fact is that driver ID and package ID are messed up. Manually downloaded package with its ID installs driver with next ID , update utility tool will do the same it offers new driver while you have new installed . Id say only one as for Intel its unacceptable.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass this information to development.

If you downloaded the latest driver from our page, is there any specific reason why you are trying to get the graphics driver from the software?

Kevin M

0 Kudos
aandr28
New Contributor I

Time ago you could use auto check up of the drivers you have trough the browser now we have to do by downloading and installing Intel utility tool (software) or to search manually by device we have in our pc. Thirst try is utility tool as it is automated system so simple next step is to download manually as automated is failing. I think that would be an answer to you if I have understood you correct.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

I understand and thank for all this feedback. I will pass it to development for future consideration.

Kevin M

0 Kudos