Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

New Bluetooth drivers 17.1.1409.01 for Intel AC 7260 and my LG sound bar NB 3740

RA6
New Contributor I

I have installed the new Bluetooth Drivers 17.1.1409.01 for my Intel AC 7260 and now my computer does not see my LG NB3740 sound bar. I can connect my cell phone to my sound bar and with previous drivers I was able to see and connect to my sound bar. Please fix this. I can see and connect to my laptop to my cell phone.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RA6
New Contributor I

So it seems that I have fixed my own problem. The way I fixed it was unintalled the software in the control panel. Then I went back to 17.0.1405.02 and installed it. then I installed 17.1.1406.01 then I installed 17.1.1409.01 and it seemed to fix the problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
John_S_Intel
Employee

Which OS do you have? Did you get the software downloads from Intel or from your OEM. If you got it from Intel, do you happen to know the download ID? I'd suggest getting this latest software from your OEM if the generic version posted on Intel's download center isn't working for you. Can you revert back to whatever version of BT software you had before upgrading to 17.1.1409.01. Was there a reason you did the software update (to solve an issue or something) or did you just happen to notice new software was available?

0 Kudos
RA6
New Contributor I

Okay lets see if we can tackle all these questions one at a time. Window 7 64bit. I downloaded the software from Intel website yesterday. I really do not have an OEM I installed the Intel AC 7260 my self as an upgrade because my college has there wireless network in dual band configuration but they have the 2.4Ghz range throttled back to 54Mbps and when I get in populated areas the wireless is so slow. they have the 5Ghz range running at true 802.11N speed of 300Mbps. I was also informed that here soon they were talking about upgraded the network to support AC. so bought and installed this card. Download WP-BT_17.1.1409.01_s64 the drivers I downloaded yesterday which caused my laptop no to see or pair to my sound bar. download BT_17.1.1406.01_s64 worked pretty good for me the only problem was that I had was that when I would use my Bluetooth headphones it would cause the WiFi connection to slow down. Even if I was on 5Ghz. The reason why I downloaded and installed this latest driver was for two reason. I was hoping it would solve the WiFi slowing down issue when using Bluetooth. and two because I religiously on a daily basis check Intel's website and other websites for any drivers and applications. I like to make sure that my laptop is completely up to date with all Drivers and Applications. This I feel is good IT practices because then if any issues do come up, such as this, we can give feedback so you can fix the issue and make a better product.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for providing such detailed description.

We encourage you to create a ticket with us for more troubleshooting.

Please contact our support center and make reference of this community thread.

U.S.

Worldwide

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
RA6
New Contributor I

I will do that but here is some more information for you. I was able to finally get my laptop to see and pair up with the sound bar. The way I was able to accomplish this was to put the laptop with in right next to the sound bar with in the matter of a couple inches. This caused it to see and pair with the laptop but if I stay in the same room and walk 8 feet away from the sound bar it will disconnect. With previous version BT_17.1.1406.01_s64 i was able to stay in the same room and be that 8 feet away and still be to see and pair to the sound bar. This update has greatly reduced the range of the Bluetooth down to almost nothing. I can have the laptop be about 3 feet away from the sound bar and it still not sees or pairs it.

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

We are interested in taking a look into this further. I understood we will continue working with you over the phone.

0 Kudos
RA6
New Contributor I

Well someone was supposed to call me around 8 to 9AM EST but no one did call me. We will not be able to work on this until some time next week.

0 Kudos
RA6
New Contributor I

So it seems that I have fixed my own problem. The way I fixed it was unintalled the software in the control panel. Then I went back to 17.0.1405.02 and installed it. then I installed 17.1.1406.01 then I installed 17.1.1409.01 and it seemed to fix the problem.