Also to note - this occurs with all the latest updates, and also when reset to factory settings.
Hello Richard, this behavior could be cause by many reasons.
Some of them are the following:
- A defective SATA cable: I would recommend you test another SATA cable on the SSD that is giving you this behavior.
- RST version: Please try using RST version 12.9 and check if you are getting the same results. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23496&lang=eng&ProdId=2101
- Check with MSI if all SATA ports are SATA3 (6GB/s)
Many thanks for the response Syliva,
1) The MSI Laptop uses a funny "Super RAID 2" Adaptor board - so no SATA Cables. That got replaced that under a previous return to MSI but didn't fix things.
2) I tried with various RST versions - latest from Intel and the one recommend by MSI, unfortunately all with the same result.
3) Yes the ports are all SATA3 (and they work correctly sometimes)
MSI finally detected an issue in the last return to them (or gave up to my constant emails!), either way they are replacing my laptop now, so problem solved!
Thanks for letting us know RichyD.