14 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2014 6:07 AM by allan_intel

Intel DH67CL 82579V network adapter and boot inability from sleep mode

bullybeef

Hi, I'm new to the forums although I've had my board and rig for over two years now. Obviously after all this time, I'm not one to complain, and tend to manage with workarounds, but every since my board was fitted the Network Adapter has never come on automatically after a reboot/restart, and my PC has never rebooted after being in sleep mode.

I spoke to an advisor only yesterday, and to my surprise and relief, arrangements are being made to replace my mb. However I only discovered today that the 82579V Network Adapter problem seems to be a common fault with many different boards with no reasonable fix (Intel 82579V Issue), and I'm concerned that a direct replacement with only cause the same problems. Obviously, understanding this board has now been discontinued and has a known Network fault means a like for like replacement seems to not be a satisfactory solution.

I am to be contacted again by my country's local support to make further arrangements with regards to the replacement, but obviously I would like to hear some other advice before I agree to something which may still be faulty.

Any further advice would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Intel DH67CL 82579V network adapter and boot inability from sleep mode
          allan_intel

Thanks for joining the Desktop Board community.

At this stage, I would recommend replacing the board through Intel customer support, test the computer as it appears to be a problem with LAN controller. If the issue remains, I say you can submit a ticket here: Service Request Email

Allan.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Intel DH67CL 82579V network adapter and boot inability from sleep mode
            bullybeef

Thank you for your reply and advice, Alan. As I mentioned, I had already alerted Customer and Warranty Support to my problem last Friday and a support ticket was created to arrange a replacement with UK Intel support. I spoke to an advisor today whom wasn't very appreciative that the DH67CL had known faults and a recalled Chipset, and only gave me the option for a like for like replacement with the DH67CLB3 (COLD LAKE) version, and was told to forget about the faults on my current board and be assured the replacement won't have any faults. This maybe the case, but surely I should be offered more options, rather than be forced into one?

And a problem still remains. The order number was generated before I had any chance to confirm I am able to return the current board before receiving a replacement. You see I use my PC for work and I was hopeful I could use a company PC whilst I await shipping of my board to the Netherlands and the shipping of the replacement back to the UK, as long as Intel accept the return of my current board that is. Unfortunately, I am unable to obtain a alternative PC during this process, which means I am unable to return my current board.

What I am a little confuse about is the DH67CL has numerous faults, including Sata headers which can be obscured by the new GPUs, boot problems, the Network Adapter problem (Intel 82579V Issue), and a chipset fault which created reported recalls back in 2011 (AnandTech | Intel Discovers Bug in 6-Series Chipset: Our Analysis), over a year before I even purchased the board of which I hold myself responsible for not doing more research - but surely a recalled chipset board shouldn't have been available to purchase? And why would Intel require the return of a discontinued, recalled board? I have proof of purchase via the serial number and I still have my invoice as guarantee of sale, which wasn't even requested.

Also, having checked my other components, maybe the quandary is because I have the i5 2320 1155 socket CPU and Intel haven't many, if any compatible boards to even upgrade my board to, which may have removed the process of an exchange, and is probably why this option wasn't even offered. Having paid over £70 for a board, I did hope it would last me longer than two years. It seems my last remaining option is to dispose of the DH67CL and purchase an alternative brand board.

I feel very foolish that I found the DH67CL as acceptable even though it has never worked properly from day one. If anyone can offer me a solution to my problem, it would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT:

To my dismay, I've just searched the forum for (hopeful) positive comments of the DH67CLB3 (COLD LAKE) replacement board (https://communities.intel.com/search.jspa?q=DH67CLB3*&facet=content). It seems my fears that the alternative, replacement version of my DH67CL has it's own problems too. Surely, I should have more options as part of my warranty than a replacement to a recalled chipset, especially if my board had known faults prior to purchase, which I weren't made aware of?

• 3. Re: Intel DH67CL 82579V network adapter and boot inability from sleep mode
              allan_intel

If you would like to discuss more warranty options for your motherboard model. I still recommend contacting warranty team through your local Intel Office at: Contact Support

Allan.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Intel DH67CL 82579V network adapter and boot inability from sleep mode
                bullybeef

Thank you for your reply again, Alan, I contacted support again via the Online service request - I do hope support will be as understanding as yourself and I am curious why I wasn't told I had other warranty options available. I don't wish to be a nuisance, and like I said, I am disappointed with myself for coping with the DH67CL for so long, and not reporting my problems much sooner. Obviously I am relieved I still have my warranty, but obviously a little concerned how I was even able to purchase a defective board. But again, I should of done more research seeing as though the chipset fault was announced way back in 2011 even before I purchased the board.

Thanks again, Alan. I will update the thread as and when a reasonable solution is reached.

• 6. Re: Intel DH67CL 82579V network adapter and boot inability from sleep mode
                  bullybeef

May I ask when I am likely to receive a response? I have three support tickets for this query:

first ticket #8001025989

Most recent ticket created 18 November #8001027660

As of yet, I received responses via the online chat, but not via the Online service requests. Thank you in advance.

• 7. Re: Intel DH67CL 82579V network adapter and boot inability from sleep mode
                    allan_intel

Your case has been escalated to the proper department. It usually takes 24 working hours to get a response from the agent in charge of your case.

Allan.

• 8. Re: Intel DH67CL 82579V network adapter and boot inability from sleep mode
                      bullybeef

Thank you again for your response, Alan. I'm a little concerned it has been over two days since my last request. Would it be best I contact Intel by their Chat page again quoting my support numbers if I don't hear anything by afternoon morning UK time?

• 9. Re: Intel DH67CL 82579V network adapter and boot inability from sleep mode
                        bullybeef

I have received a response this morning, and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any other available warranty options even though I own a known, defective motherboard/chipset and the only possible replacement is a board with the same chipset. I feel Intel Support misunderstood my concerns about receiving a board with the same chipset and failed to understand I require my PC for work, so I would require a working board and PC before I return the faulty board.

I have replied to highlight I would be happy to even pay towards an upgraded board with an alternative chipset if that would remove the need for my to return my defective board first. Once I have a working PC, I can then return my defective board. I am a little surprised there are so few options warranty especially in the case of a motherboard with a reported defective chipset and known network adapter problems.

Any further advice from the community would be appreciated.

• 10. Re: Intel DH67CL 82579V network adapter and boot inability from sleep mode
                          allan_intel

Any warranty issue has to be handled through Intel customer service. I still recommend contacting Intel support via web ticket or chat support:

I recommend contacting Intel support for warranty options at:

Online warranty: Service Request Email

Chat support:  Contact Support

Allan.

• 11. Re: Intel DH67CL 82579V network adapter and boot inability from sleep mode
                            bullybeef

Re: 8001027660

Thank you again for your reply, Alan. Unfortunately, Intel Support still haven't responded to my last message sent on the 21st regarding my concern about receiving a replacement board with the same faulty chipset, and that I am unable to return my current faulty board as I require my PC for work.

I will look to contact Support again via the Chat option tomorrow, but I fear my options are limited.

• 12. Re: Intel DH67CL 82579V network adapter and boot inability from sleep mode
                              allan_intel

You need to wait for response from your local support department.

Thanks for the feedback.

Allan

• 13. Re: Intel DH67CL 82579V network adapter and boot inability from sleep mode
                                bullybeef

Just to update: After speaking to a UK Warranty adviser yesterday, my query was escalated for an Advance Warranty return due to not being able to return my current faulty m/b due to requiring a working PC for my employment. I am very pleased I received a call today to confirm my request was accepted! I am being sent the DH67CLB3 (COLD LAKE) version after being advised there should be no recurrent faults. I will have some time to install and test my new board, then return my current fault one.

Obviously, I will update the thread as I go through the testing and return process. Thank you very much help in this matter.

EDIT: I forgot to ask the adviser, would the replacement m/b come with it's own offsets and screws, and if not, where could I purchased compatible accessories from in the UK? And if this is a upgraded version of my m/b, would it come with it's own installation disk for the necessary drivers? The advisor couldn't confirm which Network Adapter the DH67CLB3 (COLD LAKE) had, but I'm sure I found it had an alternative one than the DH67CL version. Obviously locating up to date drivers for this updated board from the Intel website may prove difficult because it isn't listed. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance. 

• 14. Re: Intel DH67CL 82579V network adapter and boot inability from sleep mode
                                  allan_intel

I recommend checking with your local support for further information about compatible accessories.

Any driver download for your motherboard model here: Intel® Download Center

Allan.