5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2014 12:58 PM by AlexT_Intel

Yocto Build Failure: Bluez 4/5

pbarone

Hi,

I have a persistent failure in the do_rootfs task of my yocto build. The log ends with...

Collected errors:

* check_conflicts_for: The following packages conflict with bluez4:

* check_conflicts_for:         bluez5 *

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package packagegroup-sdr-gnuradio.

ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/rsl/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/work/edison-poky-linux/edison-image/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.23758

ERROR: Task 8 (/home/rsl/edison/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-distro/recipes-core/images/edison-image.bb, do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 4469 tasks of which 4420 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

No currently running tasks (4468 of 4471)

Summary: 1 task failed:

/home/rsl/edison/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-distro/recipes-core/images/edison-image.bb, do_rootfs

Summary: There were 3 WARNING messages shown.

Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

The one tweak that I had to make this far is changing a version conflict in the bluez4 package by changing all version numbers to 10. I have attached the full log file

-Patrick Barone

• 1. Re: Yocto Build Failure: Bluez 4/5
          CMata_Intel

Hi pbarone

Are you using the BSP guide? In this other thread they talk about creating a Yocto image for Edison from scratch and it worked. Take a look at that and let me know if it helps.

Regards.

CMata

• 2. Re: Yocto Build Failure: Bluez 4/5
            pbarone

Hi,

I was able to successfully able to build the default edison image. I am including the open-embedded meta-oe, meta-sdr and several other layers. I have included bblayers.conf and local.conf files

Patrick

########################## bblayers.conf ###############################33

# LAYER_CONF_VERSION is increased each time build/conf/bblayers.conf

# changes incompatibly

LCONF_VERSION = "6"

BBPATH = "${TOPDIR}"

BBFILES ?= ""

BBLAYERS ?= " \

/home/rsl/edison/edison-src/poky/meta \

/home/rsl/edison/edison-src/poky/meta-yocto \

/home/rsl/edison/edison-src/poky/meta-yocto-bsp \

/home/rsl/edison/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison \

/home/rsl/edison/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-distro \

/home/rsl/edison/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-middleware \

/home/rsl/edison/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-arduino \

/home/rsl/edison/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-devtools \

/home/rsl/edison/edison-src/device-software/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \

/home/rsl/edison/edison-src/device-software/meta-sdr \

/home/rsl/edison/edison-src/device-software/meta-openembedded/meta-filesystems \

/home/rsl/edison/edison-src/device-software/meta-openembedded/meta-networking \

\

"

BBLAYERS_NON_REMOVABLE ?= " \

/home/rsl/edison/edison-src/poky/meta \

/home/rsl/edison/edison-src/poky/meta-yocto \

"

####################### local.conf ##################################33

BB_NUMBER_THREADS = "4"

PARALLEL_MAKE = "-j 4"

MACHINE = "edison"

DISTRO = "poky-edison"

USER_CLASSES ?= "buildstats image-mklibs image-prelink"

PATCHRESOLVE = "noop"

CONF_VERSION = "1"

EDISONREPO_TOP_DIR = "/home/rsl/edison/edison-src"

DL_DIR ?= "${TOPDIR}/downloads"

SSTATE_DIR ?= "${TOPDIR}/sstate-cache"

BUILDNAME = "Custom Edison build by rsl@sdr-dev 2014-11-07 20:20:00 PST"

LICENSE_FLAGS_WHITELIST += "commercial"

COPY_LIC_MANIFEST = "1"

COPY_LIC_DIRS = "1"

FILESYSTEM_PERMS_TABLES = "/home/rsl/edison/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-distro/files/fs-perms.txt"

SDKMACHINE = "x86_64"

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " uhd"

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " \

packagegroup-sdr-base-extended \

packagegroup-sdr-python \

packagegroup-sdr-gnuradio \

packagegroup-sdr-uhd \

packagegroup-sdr-devel"

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " opengl x11"

• 3. Re: Yocto Build Failure: Bluez 4/5
              AlexT_Intel

It looks like something out of those packagegroups you've appended directly DEPENDs or RDEPENDs on bluez4 and as long as Edison's default image config explicitly includes bluez5 - that breaks in the way you observe. BlueZ5 recipe explicitly mentions that it's incompatible with bluez4.

I can't think of any other way than checking each recipe in those packagegroups to find the one(s) dependent on bluez4 and then trying to tweak them to work with bluez5, or excluding them.

Or vice versa - excluding the bluez5 from the config, but bluez4 is really old and AFAIU unsupported on Edison so if you want to use Bluetooth, it will cause troubles.

• 4. Re: Yocto Build Failure: Bluez 4/5
                pbarone

AlexT_Intel wrote:

It looks like something out of those packagegroups you've appended directly DEPENDs or RDEPENDs on bluez4 and as long as Edison's default image config explicitly includes bluez5 - that breaks in the way you observe. BlueZ5 recipe explicitly mentions that it's incompatible with bluez4.

I can't think of any other way than checking each recipe in those packagegroups to find the one(s) dependent on bluez4 and then trying to tweak them to work with bluez5, or excluding them.

Or vice versa - excluding the bluez5 from the config, but bluez4 is really old and AFAIU unsupported on Edison so if you want to use Bluetooth, it will cause troubles.

This was correct. By using the command bitbake edison-image -g -u depexp I was able to determine that pulse audio was relying on Bluez4. Looking through the pulse audio recipe file I realized that by adding a PACKAGECONFIG_pn-pulseaudio = "bluez5 ....." to the local.conf file I was able to change the version of bluez being relied upon.

• 5. Re: Yocto Build Failure: Bluez 4/5
                  AlexT_Intel

Right, that's a nicer way to do that