3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2010 5:22 AM by intelligent

Board DG41TY I Have problem with the memory ddr2 800

el_manuel30

i buy a Board DG41TY in the Tech Details say that is compatibele but whit 2 dim of 4GB(2X2GB) DDR2 PC2-6400 a 800 MHZ the PC Dont give me image, but with one dim of 2GB PC2-5200 Works  fine,

Why This problem???

If Some Body can help me!!??

Thank!

• 1. Re: Board DG41TY I Have problem with the memory ddr2 800
          Aryan2411

Hi there,

What are the model of the memory that you are using?

Check the datasheet of the memory to see if it meets the requirements below.

The board has two DIMM sockets and supports the following memory features:
          • 1.8 V DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs with gold plated contacts, with the option to raise the voltage to support higher performance DDR2 SDRAM DIMMs
          • Dual channel interleaved mode support
          • Unbuffered, single-sided or double-sided DIMMs with the following restriction:
             Double-sided DIMMs with x16 organization are not supported.
          • 8 GB maximum total system memory. Refer to Section 2.1.1 on page 39 for information on the total amount of addressable memory.
          • Minimum total system memory: 512 MB
          • Non-ECC DIMMs
          • Serial Presence Detect
          • DDR2 667 MHz or DDR2 800 MHz SDRAM DIMMs
          • DDR2 667 MHz DIMMs with SPD timings of only 5-5-5 (tCL-tRCD-tRP)
          • DDR2 800 MHz DIMMs with SPD timings of only 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 (tCL-tRCD-tRP)

Note:

Regardless of the memory configuration used (dual channel, single channel, or flex mode), DIMM 0 of Channel A must always be populated.

http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dg41ty/sb/e53697001us.pdf

Page 15 -17

Update the board bios to the latest one Version 0031.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan

• 2. Re: Board DG41TY I Have problem with the memory ddr2 800
            Mr_Scary

Same issue here,

Corsair XMS2 CM2X1024-6400C5DHX 800MHZ 5-5-5-18 1.80V Ver1.1 09142973

• 3. Re: Board DG41TY I Have problem with the memory ddr2 800
              intelligent

Hi,

I am intelligent. You have mentioned 5-5-5-18. Check this in the Intel website please. You will need a 64 bit operating system like Windows XP Professional 64 version to be able to use the 8 GB memory. But first check the 3rd point in the list given to you by our friend. If you upgrade to the newer version of the BIOS you should get the display. Several people are reporting confusion with 8 GB memory support capability with the DG41TY m/b. Please be careful and follow the instructions given in the motherboard dvd. The instructions are in a pdf file. So you will need adobe reader. A fast internet connectin is all that you require to make the upgrade. Dont forget to take a backup of your BIOS. Once you upgrade be sure to select the frequency carefully. But if you still have problems, I suggest you first test the RAM in another computer that supports the RAM.

Keep me informed.

All the best.

Intelligent