1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 10, 2014 10:20 AM by kevin_intel

Intel i5-2500k problems - Any help greatly appreciated

ibalnaves

I have had my processor, Intel i5-2500k, for approximately 3 years now and have recently run into complications. About 2 months ago I moved locations and so took my built desktop with me. Ever since moving the entire computer, I have been experiencing the same problem. As soon as I boot up my computer, the processor begins running at 100% and my computer freezes up. I have tried leaving it turned of for a few days but the same thing continues to happen. I have never overclocked and have already tried reconnecting every connection. Thank you for any and all information!

• 1. Re: Intel i5-2500k problems - Any help greatly appreciated
          kevin_intel

Hi ibalnaves,

Thank you for sharing this information with us.

Based on your feedback, this seems to be a system issue rather than a hardware (processor) issue. There are some troubleshooting steps you can try to diagnose the problem.

Try these steps:

1. If possible try disconnecting all components from the motherboard for about 10-20 minutes.
          2. Reconnect all components and test the system.

This is just to clear the CMOS but is not going to increase performance on your system.

You can also try running your antivirus to discard malware issues. In the worst case you can try with a fresh installation of the Operating System.

From our side you run the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool to diagnose the internal processor components. Here you can get it:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=19792&lang=eng

Kevin M