3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2014 11:27 AM by sylvia_intel

What is the meaning of status code A0 for board DZ77BH-55K

Andrew_M

Hello. I had to replace PSU on my computer recently and now have to additional status codes during startup. EB for short time and then A0 all time during work.

EB is calling legacy rom and I don't know what it means exactly. But I didn't find description for code A0.

• 1. Re: What is the meaning of status code A0 for board DZ77BH-55K
          sylvia_intel

Andrew_M,   the following article will give you the information about these and other POST code ranges

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-025434.htm

These error messages indicate that a device has failed the POST initialization.  I would recommend you to try removing all additional devices/ peripherals and restart the system. Please check if the behavior persisted.

You can also try a BIOS update, but first I would like to know which if the current BIOS version installed on your motherboard before installing a new version.

• 2. Re: What is the meaning of status code A0 for board DZ77BH-55K
            Andrew_M

Thank you for your help.

Acording to this article -

Eb has two descriptions: 1) Calling Legacy Option ROMs and 2) Calling Video BIOS.

A0 is Reserved for future use (new input console codes). I guess, the future has arrived.
            BIOS version was the latest 100.I flashed BIOS with the same version and nothing has changed.

Actually computer still works well and graphic card do its job despite the Calling Legacy Option ROM Video BIOS and permanent A0 code.

But I'm very eager to read more details about those codes. Would you like to give me more information?

• 3. Re: What is the meaning of status code A0 for board DZ77BH-55K
              sylvia_intel

Andrew, are these codes coming from the LED locate on the motherboard?

A0 is reserved for future use. If you are running the latest BIOS version available for this board and you are still getting the same code, could mean that there aren't new features in this specific model number.

Andrew, is there any special reason why you need this particular information?

Depends on the reason, it could be necessary to contact a field application engineer.