Dual Xeon 2687Wv2 vs Dual Xeon 2697v2
I've seen a lot of discussion on these two, but no really definitive answers, so I hope that someone might be able to provide a little more info...
Here is my build:
• Cooler Master Cosmos II case
• Corsair Professional AX 1200 Watt Power Supply
• Samsung 840 EVO-Series 1TB SSD Drive (for main partition)
• 3x WD 4 TB Enterprise Hard Drive(for storage)
• Sound Blaster Z PCIe Gaming Sound• ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS Dual LGA 2011 Motherboard
• 64GB CORSAIR Dominator Platinum DDR3 1866 RAM
• 3x SLI Evga Titan Black Hydro
• 3x ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q (running nVidia surround 2650x1440ea)
• 2x Xeon 2687Wv2 OR 2x Xeon 2697v2 ???
So the big question is... For both gaming and 3D Rendering... Which will provide the best performance. I know they each rely on different elements, so it would depend on how much the differences between these two chips affect the performance of their various categories.
Which will have the most impact on my needs? Higher clock speed OR Higher cache, more cores, and lower temps... The other factor is dual 2687Wv2 score higher than dual 2697v2
Xeon 2687W v2 = Turbo 3.40GHz, Cores: 8, Thermal: 150WL3, Cache 25MB
Xeon 2697v2 = Turbo Speed 3.5GHz, Cores: 12, Thermal: 130W, L3 Cache 30MB
So my real question here is how dramatically does the number of Cores, Cache, and Clock Speed (specifically the differences here) affect Gaming and Rendering?
Thanks for joining the Processor community.
Intel provides web site for you to compare processor features ARK | Compare Intel® Products
Also, if you are looking for performance information go here: Intel® Product Performance
And, this web site could help choosing right processor for your needs: How to Choose the Right Intel® Processor