Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20599 Discussions

HD4000 driver problem about multiple display handling

VSzab
Beginner

Do you know whether the following driver problem about HD4000 multiple screen issues has been already fixed? As far as I know the HD4000 driver is only able to handle a secondary monitor/TV if the primary one is not attached to other than DVI. Unfortunately, my mobo only has HDMI, DisplayPort and Thunderbolt interfaces. I have only seen a secondary screen working in history on my machine once immediately after a driver update but it worked only for one day. Huge thanks for any info in advance.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

HGY, Could you please attach the DX Diag report for your system? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

• Could you also provide me the model number of the monitors you are trying to use?
  • Are you using adapters, converters?

• Motherboard model number?

Regards,

0 Kudos
VSzab
Beginner

Dear Sylvia, the monitor is Asus VE228. The Tv is Sharp LC-52DH65E. Both have HDMI inputs. Motherboard is Asus P8Z77-V Premium which was one of the world's most expensive board. One of the cables is a DisplayPort HDMI adapter. The other output of the board is HDMI. Currently I do not use the Thunderbolt interface. The order of the displays does not matter. Theoretically this hardware is able to handle these displays as I saw this config working for one day. So this should be a driver issue. I saw lots of similar issues on the web. I am afraid I have to donate some money to AMD and the electricity supplier company by buying a video card. Thanks for any help in advance. However, I am afraid that this will be never fixed.

Here is the dxdiag output:

------------------

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information HGy.

Would you please try using the following Graphics driver version 3945? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24392 Intel® Download Center

Are you able to get video from each monitor when using single display using the same cables and adapters?

0 Kudos
VSzab
Beginner

Dear Sylvia,

The Displayport output does not work even in standalone just as before. However, I saw that working on this machine once even as a secondary output. The driver only saw the display attached to it once immediately after a display driver update through windows update. But even that very same driver version did not work anymore after one day. It was mentioned in some forum that this is related to a driver initialiazation problem.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Did you install the graphics driver I mentioned on my previous post?

Can you try doing a system restore on your computer to the last working state?

0 Kudos
VSzab
Beginner

Dear Sylvia,

Yes, I did.

No, it was a long ago. Since then the system was even reinstalled with a newer windows.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

It seems that you are using cables or adapters that are not being recognized on your system with the new drivers.

The recommendations I can give are the following:

• Use another display port to HDMI adapter.
  • Try to use straight connection HDMI to HDMI and DP to DP
  • Test another monitor or TV
  • Use the graphics driver provided by Asus.

If you remember which was the driver version you were using before having this behavior please let me know. We may be able to find it so you can install it on your computer again.

We have 2 monitors connected to a system and it is working just fine, but we are using straight connection to the HDMI port and Display port outputs.

0 Kudos
VSzab
Beginner

It did not work even with the very same version.

AFAIK my adapter is passive so it should have worked always or never. Only cable resistance could be an issue I guess.

Do you use DVI as the primary display? In that case it really must work AFAIK. However, it seems according to your last sentence you used HDMI and display port. Unfortunately, I cannot try it with direct links as I do not have any monitors with DP.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hgy, I do have dual display on my laptop using a DVI to DVI cable (straight connection)

I'm going to check if we have a DVI to DP cable for testing.

0 Kudos
VSzab
Beginner

According to some forums it always works when the primary output is DVI. So if it is really true it is likely that it will work for you if the adapter is not too bad.

But my motherboard does not have any DVI outputs; it only has HDMI, DisplayPort and Thunderbolt.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Let me check this behavior with the engineers.

0 Kudos
VSzab
Beginner

Ok, thank you very much in advance.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Please check the following article with all the information available regarding triple display. http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033714.htm?wapkw=3+displays Graphics Drivers — Configuration 3-Displays FAQ

Check the following question "What three independent display configurations are supported?"

0 Kudos