11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2016 7:29 AM by EstebanC_Intel

pro-tip: if you're having trouble reprogramming the nuvotron IR receiver in the NUC to work with Eventghost

Ou8thisSN

In order for Eventghost to recognize the remote signals from the Nuvotron reciever (if you're using a standard microsoft ehome remote like the Rosewill RR-126) , you'll first need to add the correct plugin in EventGhost. Open eventghost and go to "Add Plugin", then under "remote receiver" choose "Generic HID." Now choose the "generic ir receiver' which is the 3rd option down from the top (any of them will work but this one works the best that i've tested so far), and uncheck the box labeled "Trigger enduring events for buttons," and check the box under it, labeled "Use raw data as event name." Click OK, and now any button press of your remote should show up as events in the leftmost window.

Once you see the commands popping up in the left window, you should be able to reprogram the buttons as needed. Hope this helps someone because it took me forever to reprogram my generic rosewill remote to work with Plex/XBMC commands.

• 1. Re: pro-tip: if you're having trouble reprogramming the nuvotron IR receiver in the NUC to work with Eventghost
          joe_intel

We appreciate you are sharing this information with us.

It will prove very useful for other users

• 2. Re: pro-tip: if you're having trouble reprogramming the nuvotron IR receiver in the NUC to work with Eventghost
            T_Wysocki

I have a NUC5i5RYB and I installed the Generic HID plugin, but I can't get it to respond. In my device manager I see "Nuvoton SIO CIR DEvice Driver" so I believe I have the IR driver installed ok. Not sure what you mean by "the 3rd option down" since mine may be different. I have 7 in total, the first four are as follows (all 4 show Manufacturer as Vendor ID 1118):

@input.inf,%hid_device%;HID-compliant device

@hidserv.inf,%hid_device_system_consumer%,HID-compliant consumer control device

Then I have 6 lines named "USB Receiver" with a manufacturer "Logitech". Each of the 10 lines shows connected as "Yes".

I've unchecked the Trigger Enduring and checked the Use raw Data boxes.

I "assume" the IR receiver is on the front of the NUC next to the headphone jack, but none of my remotes trigger an event in EG.

Any ideas?

• 3. Re: pro-tip: if you're having trouble reprogramming the nuvotron IR receiver in the NUC to work with Eventghost
              EstebanC_Intel

Hello T_Wysocki:

Would you please advise me with the issue you are getting related to the IR?

The behavior of the device while trying to use the remote would be good.

Regards,

Esteban C

• 4. Re: pro-tip: if you're having trouble reprogramming the nuvotron IR receiver in the NUC to work with Eventghost
                T_Wysocki

My issue is that I would like to be able to receive IR signals from remote controls via the NUC and process them using EventGhost. I have purchased a USB-UIRT device and EventGhost has a plugin for it, and I can receive IR signals successfully from it. I was hoping to be able to do the same with the native IR capability of the NUC so that I could have a receiver in two rooms. EventGhost does have a plugin for Generic IR as described earlier in this post. I installed it but was unable to have EventGhost acknowledge any IR transmissions received by the NUC. I do not have a Media Center remote available, but I do have a Dish, Samsung, and several other A/V component remote controls that I have tried. None of them have any effect on the NUC IR that I can see.

I'm wondering if it's because I'm running Windows 7 Pro instead of 8 on the NUC? Last week I was trying unsuccessfully to get my new Logitech K830 keyboard to connect to the NUC with Bluetooth. Windows 8 supports the required "Smart Bluetooth" that the keyboard uses, but some hardware suppliers have provided Windows 7 drivers to do that function. Evidently the NUC does not have that feature available with Windows 7. Maybe the same is true for IR?

• 5. Re: pro-tip: if you're having trouble reprogramming the nuvotron IR receiver in the NUC to work with Eventghost
                  EstebanC_Intel

Hello, T_Wysocki:

Let me perform some tests for this, please access the link below and follow the instructions, this is to get your system information for me to try to replicate the issue.

Intel® System Identification Utility

Also, the exact model of the Controllers used would help me.

Regards,

Esteban C

• 6. Re: pro-tip: if you're having trouble reprogramming the nuvotron IR receiver in the NUC to work with Eventghost
                    T_Wysocki

I would really think a company the size of Intel could supply some documentation for their new NUC devices. Here's my SIU report. I've tried several remote controls (Dish Network 5.0IR and 5.2IR, Samsung BN59-01223A, Epson 150015000, among others) but get no response from EventGhost with the Generic HID plugin.

1. Do I need an MCE remote?

2, Is Windows 7 the problem?

3. Is there some other utility that I can use to verify the functioning of the NUC's IR capability?

Intel System Identification Utility Reference Number: 0337 1288
                    Date Created: Monday, January 4, 2016 4:59:48 PM
                    ADVANCED

SYSTEM INFORMATION
                    Computer ManufacturerIntel Corporation
                    Computer ModelNUC5i5RYB
                    Operating System (O/S)Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
                    Operating System Build (O/S)7601
                    Operating System (version)6.1.7601
                    O/S Language0409
                    System RAM16 GB
                    .NET Framework Version3.5.30729.5420
                    CD or DVD Device
                    System Hard Drive Overview
                    System Total Storage Size:1.1 TB
                    Local Disk D:\931.5 GB
                    Used space:99.2 GB
                    Free Space:832.3 GB
                    Local Disk C:\232.8 GB
                    Used space:127.5 GB
                    Free Space:105.3 GB
                    Memory Detail
                    Total Physical Memory16 GB
                    Available Physical Memory63.5 MB
                    Total Virtual Memory2.0 GB
                    Physical Drive1
                    Maker
                    ModelWDC WD10JPVX-22JC3T0
                    Bus TypeSATA
                    Physical Drive0
                    Maker
                    ModelSamsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 250GB
                    Bus TypeSATA
                    Internet Browser [101]Internet Explorer
                    Internet Browser Version [101]11.0.9600.18124

GRAPHICS INFORMATION
                    Graphics Product [1]Intel(R) HD Graphics 6000
                    Graphics Driver Version20.19.15.4300
                    3D AccelerationYes
                    Hardware Transform & Lighting SupportYes
                    Video Memory1.8 GB
                    Vertex Shader Support5.0
                    Pixel Shader Support5.0
                    Microsoft DirectX* Version11.0
                    Current Graphics Resolution1920x1080
                    Current Color Depth32 Bits Per Pixel

MOTHERBOARD INFORMATION
                    Manufacturernot detected
                    ModelNUC5i5RYB
                    AA NumberH40999-504
                    BIOS VendorIntel Corporation
                    BIOS VersionIntel Corporation RYBDWi35.86A.0352.2015.1130.1011
                    BIOS Release Date11/30/15
                    System Memory16 GB
                    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio

PROCESSOR INFORMATION
                    ManufacturerIntel
                    ModelIntel(R) Core(TM) i5-5250U CPU @ 1.60GHz
                    Intel Processor analysis toolsIntel Processor analysis tools
                    CPU Speed1.6 GHz
                    Link to Processor SpecificationLink to Processor Specification
                    CPU Revision21
                    CPU Type00
                    CPU Family06
                    CPU Model3D
                    CPU Stepping4

WIRED NETWORKING INFORMATION
                    Wired Networking ProductIntel(R) Ethernet Connection (3) I218-V
                    Driver Version12.13.17.7
                    Hardware IDsPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15A3&SUBSYS_20578086&REV_03

WIRELESS NETWORKING INFORMATION
                    Wireless Networking ProductIntel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
                    Driver Version18.20.0.9
                    Hardware IDsms_pptpminiport
                    • 7. Re: pro-tip: if you're having trouble reprogramming the nuvotron IR receiver in the NUC to work with Eventghost
                      EstebanC_Intel

Hello, T_Wysocki:

Thank you for the information provided.

I will be performing the tests mentioned before.

I will be providing you with my outcome on this.

Regards,

Esteban C

• 8. Re: pro-tip: if you're having trouble reprogramming the nuvotron IR receiver in the NUC to work with Eventghost
                        AlexandrM

Hi guys, fighting with same issue on BOXNUC5I3RYH (Windows 10 Home)

Here is what I see in devices management:

Devices.png

And here is what I see while I trying add Generic HID to EventGhost:

GenericHID.png

I have tried all "HID-compilant ... Vendor ID 1118" devices with raw data with no success.

May you please provide full device name to choose?

BTW: Is there any other way to just check is IR retrieving signals from remote without complex programs and configurations (something which will simple try to catch all and just show if something happen)

• 9. Re: pro-tip: if you're having trouble reprogramming the nuvotron IR receiver in the NUC to work with Eventghost
                          EstebanC_Intel

Hello, T_Wysocki:

Here is my outcome with the tests performed.

Hardware used: Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i5RYK

4 GB of RAM

m.2 drive 80GB

Windows 7* 64-bit pro

Keyboard: Logitech k810

What I did:

-Fresh install of Windows 7* 64-bit pro

-Installed chipset driver

-Installed ME

-Installed Bluetooth driver

-Installed wireless adapter driver

-Installed Infrared: Nuvoton

After doing this, I paired the Bluetooth keyboard to the system (procedure could change from different vendors).

* Control panel> printers and devices> add device> the keyboard was recognized and configured.

I installed EventGhost software and added keyboard login, it recognized the entries from Bluetooth keyboard.

Here you can check some screenshot of the tests.

event.PNG

blue.PNG

Regards,

Esteban C

• 10. Re: pro-tip: if you're having trouble reprogramming the nuvotron IR receiver in the NUC to work with Eventghost
                            Ou8thisSN

I'm sorry I haven't logged into this forum recently but I didnt see all the replies before, but just to be clear:

I have tested this and have confirmed it to work on the following NUCs (in windows 7):

D54250WYK

D34010WYK

NUC5i7RYH

The script attached to this post is my own. I use it to control Plex (OpenPHT) as well as Windows Media Center. It can also work with Kodi, you just have to remap a few keys. If you use this script, you do NOT have to follow the instructions I originally posted above. The script will take care of everything. To use this script, please follow this procedure:

1. install eventghost.

2. open the script called: EventGhost script for plex and kodi for use with intel NUC.xml

3. Under "configuration tree/Autostart" in the left window. click on the "Plugin HID: generic human interface" in the top right list of active devices and right click to "configure item":

4. Under "settings" select "@input.iinfo,%hid_device%;HID-compliant device" from "Device Name" list.

5. start pushing buttons to make sure remote IR signals are being received (although everything on the script should work as is, but verify and change if necessary)

**xbmc commands seem to only work in XBMC. keyboard commands work with Plex / OpenHT.

a = audio track toggle for plex / openHT

s = subtitle track toggle for plex / openHT

c = context menu for both kodi and plex / openHT

m = on screen full menu for plex / openHT

hope that helps

• 11. Re: pro-tip: if you're having trouble reprogramming the nuvotron IR receiver in the NUC to work with Eventghost
                              EstebanC_Intel

Really appreciate your input on this Ou8thisSN!

I hope peers can test this out and provide with some feedback.

Regards,

Esteban C