Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

Bluetooth Problem with AC 7260 in Samsung NP880Z5E

hstre1
Beginner

I have upgraded my Samsung NP880Z5E with SSD, 16Gb Ram, Windows 8.1. The last part of the upgrade was to fit a faster WiFi card so I replaced the 6235 with the Intel ac 7260. All is well with everything apart from Bluetooth which will either not start or have problems (code 43) showing in device manager with driver 17.0.1403.438. The wireless seems to be working fine with driver 17.0.6.1

I have tried most things apart from a factory reset. Any thoughts gratefully received.

Hugh

0 Kudos
12 Replies
BB4
New Contributor II

In your router settings, try assigning a specific channel on the 2.4 band. Choose 1, 6, or 11.

0 Kudos
hstre1
Beginner

Thanks for a swift reply. The problem is not with router/network but with laptop not accepting the software driver for the bluetooth part of the AC-7260 card. As I say thanks anyway Hugh

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

<<but with laptop not accepting the software driver>>

Can you elaborate on that? If you look in Device Manager, can you find the BT device?

Edit: Also, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24191http:// https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24191 this is the current driver for BT at Intel's site.

0 Kudos
hstre1
Beginner

Thanks for the fast response

The image shows Device Manager

The BT driver version is 17.0.1403.438 and was pulled in by Samsung's SWUpdate

I am wondering whether things are susceptible to driver order loading order??

Thanks

Hugh

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

I'd try this:

1. Right click it and delete the device AND the driver. Do this until you get a generic driver. Might take several iterations.

1a. After clearing the driver store, it may go straight to Unknown Device instead of using a MS generic driver. If so, go to 4.

2. Does it work?

3. Yes--Use it.

4. No--Try the Intel driver I linked.

Approach two:

Open Intel's Driver Update Utility and let it scan. See what it finds and try that driver. Note: it might tell you that you have an OEM-specific install and it won't let you update the driver from there. Then, back to the steps above.

0 Kudos
hstre1
Beginner

Hi,

Unfortunately your link gives "Page not found 404" error.

Using generic driver gave "device cannot start (code 10)" in device manager.

Intel driver utility has found a new PROset WiFi driver 17.1.0.19 but no BT driver - so no change.

However SWUPDATE (Samsung's updater) wanted to install Bluetooth Driver to version 17.0.1403.438 which again gives a device cannot start error so back to square 1

Thanks for your thoughts

Hugh

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
hstre1
Beginner

OK It loaded a newer version 17.0.1428.1 - this has given a code 43 windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems.....

Thanks

Hugh

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

Two more ideas:

In the device properties, under Power Mgt, disable the setting to save power.

Power cycle the laptop. Turn it off. Pull the power cord. Remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for a bit. Replace battery. Plug it in. Turn it on.

0 Kudos
hstre1
Beginner

Hi,

Many thanks for the further email. I thought I would roll back to the Intel 6235 WiFi/Bluetooth adapter and make sure all was well and it is. It is interesting to note that there are (with the 6235) 2 additional Bluetooth drivers :

- Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

- Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator

And additional drivers in the network adapters

- Bluetooth Device(Personal Area Network)

- Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

None of these were there with the AC-6520

More investigation required - me thinks.....

Thanks for your help

Hugh

0 Kudos
BB4
New Contributor II

If it helps, with my BT on, I also see

- Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator7260

- Bluetooth Device(Personal Area Network)

- Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

in the same way you do. I do not have the LE Enumerator, however.

I'm using a ThinkPad with hotkey switchable radios. The devices I've listed here don't show in DM unless I turn on the BT radio. They disappear as soon as I power off the BT radio.

Did you try the Power Mgt. setting that I mentioned?

0 Kudos
hstre1
Beginner

Hi

Thanks for the reply. I have put the original card in for the moment as I have other things on, I will try the power management when I can and let you know.

Thanks

Hugh

0 Kudos