9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2015 11:35 AM by DiegoV_Intel

What is the meaing that OC Led light on?

withover

I use Intel Galileo gen2.

You can see the red light on board. The color is red.

Is this error or warnning?

IMG_20141031_231258.jpg

• 1. Re: What is the meaing that OC Led light on?
          DiegoV_Intel

Hi withover,

Currently we are investigating about this behavior. I'd suggest you to check these two threads if you haven't checked it yet:

Galileo gen 2 broken

bricked Galileo gen2 after a wrong connection

As soon as we have any updates about the OC LED I will post it here.

Regards,

Diego.

• 2. Re: What is the meaing that OC Led light on?
            withover

Thank you for your kindness.

I Hope you to solve this problem.

Regards,

JaeHun

• 3. Re: What is the meaing that OC Led light on?
              DiegoV_Intel

Hi withover,

The OC LED is DS1 in the schematic: Intel® Galileo Gen 2 Schematic. It is used for signaling over-current when powering the board through USB. Since the Galileo Gen 2 does not support powering through USB, this LED and over-current protection were removed. Nonetheless, a few production-level boards were made with it.

Regards,

Diego.

• 4. Re: What is the meaing that OC Led light on?
                withover

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that function to protect over-current were removed and the OC LED was not removed.

Is there no problem to use Galileo Gen2?

Is it just red light if OC LED turn on?

Have a good time.

• 5. Re: What is the meaing that OC Led light on?
                  DiegoV_Intel

Hi withover,

The OC LED is not supposed to be on. Is your board working properly? Try to connect only the power supply and see if everything works, then connect the USB cable to check if the OC LED turns on. Has the OC LED been turning on every time you use the board, I mean, since the first time you use it?

Regards,

Diego.

• 6. Re: What is the meaing that OC Led light on?
                    OJAA

hola diego espero este bien, fijate yo tambien tengo el mismo problema, no supe que le paso la desconecte la alimentacion  y cuando la conecte nuevamente ya no hacia nada y se comienza a calentar mucho.

-si no le conecto solo el microusb enciende el led on y el led L parpadea.

-si le conecto la alimentacion no enciende nada al conectarle el microusb enciende los led y al rato se pone rojo led OC y se calienta la zona izquierda de la placa

-luego de esto solo le conecto el microusb y solo enciende el led OC

• 7. Re: What is the meaing that OC Led light on?
                      DiegoV_Intel

Hello OJAA,

The OC LED means there is over current in the USB port. I recommend you to submit a warranty ticket using the following form: Intel Support. The Warranty Team will assist you once they receive the ticket.

Regards,

Diego.

• 8. Re: What is the meaing that OC Led light on?
                        Brooklev

Hi Diego,

I am a public school teacher in NYC trying to get my students building with the Galileo Gen 2 and some old iMacs running OSX 10.7.5 and the Intel Arduino install 1.6.0. (The iMacs would not load the Intel kernel under any newer, Arduino installs.) We seem to have 100 of the boards with the red over current light. We have AC power adapters, USB cords and 9 volt battery leads that fit the Galileo. I would be grateful for any advice you can give me with the following problems.

1) It is very frustrating trying to use the Galileo Gen 2 in this environment. Even with the FTDIUSBSerialDriver_10_4_10_5_10_6_10_7 update, the boards do not display the usable USB serial port immediately or regularly. Is there some other software update that could fix this problem?

2) Can the boards run on 9 volt battery power? When I plug in my 9 volt lead I get a single green LED lit. Then when I plug in the usb cable, I get the red over current light. If I remove the usb cable, I get a rapidly blinking green LED. These light patterns do not reproduce every time. Is there documentation somewhere about this?

3) Am I correct in understanding that the boards cannot run only on USB power from the iMacs?

4) The only way I have been able to get a usable usb port is when the board is plugged into the wall outlet, on AC. Is this how it must be?

Thanks again for your time and for any help. Yours sincerely, Lev

• 9. Re: What is the meaing that OC Led light on?
                          DiegoV_Intel

Hello Brooklev,

The Galileo board must be powered through a DC power supply. Batteries are not good power sources for Galileo so try to not use them.

This issue seems to be caused by the power supply. Use only the DC power supply unit to power the board, otherwise you will get unwanted behaviors or even damage the board permanently.

Regards,

Diego.