Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7366 Discussions

How to make? Hostednetwork 802.11ac with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260?

JSoto8
Beginner

Hello, i have an Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 built in MSI z87 MPower Max AC with 17.1.0.19 driver, Windows 8.1 Pro N and i'm trying to make a wifi network to connect my computer with my Galaxy S5. The problem is that this hostednetwork is created in 802.11n and i want 802.11ac but i don´t know how set this network to work in 802.11ac.

I hope that help me, thanks. Sorry my english. Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
tvete
Valued Contributor II

Intel prohibited setting a wireless hosted network for 5 GHz and for that reason, you can't get 802.11ac for hosting. This is to comply with regulations. You can buy a non-compliant card such as ASUS PCIE cards then you can set the hosted network frequency at the 5 GHz band without region restriction, letting you use 802.11ac

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tvete
Valued Contributor II

Intel prohibited setting a wireless hosted network for 5 GHz and for that reason, you can't get 802.11ac for hosting. This is to comply with regulations. You can buy a non-compliant card such as ASUS PCIE cards then you can set the hosted network frequency at the 5 GHz band without region restriction, letting you use 802.11ac

JSoto8
Beginner

ok, thanks for your reply! Is there any way to skip this restriction? Haha I don't have free pcie slots...

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

If you can modify the drivers to add a "Ad Hoc Channel for 802.11ac" on the advanced settings and selectable channels from 36 - 165 including DFS. Right now it's only 802.11 b/g on channel 1 - 11 for USA drivers. My ASUS PCE-AC56 card can change the "wzc ibss channel number" without any restrictions and you can even select DFS Channels as well as 20 Mhz, 40 MHz or 80 MHz channel width for your wireless hosted network.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

A similar discussion took place here:

0 Kudos