1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2015 3:21 AM by AlexT_Intel

BSP build issue .git  not a git repository

IOTEdison

I'm following the BSP guide.  downloaded 38mb src tgz file..  Untar,

then followed instructions.. Installed packages needed.. Yet I keep bumping into the

same bug/issue..  Does below ERROR below make sense to anyone?  Should I be creating

a .git repo to pull repo into?  Something appears missing that does not proceed.

Thanks

Gary

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/download/kconfig-frontends/kconfig-frontends-3.12.0.0.tar.xz, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/base-passwd/base-passwd_3.5.29.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/libpng/libpng16/1.6.8/libpng-1.6.8.tar.xz, attempting MIRRORS if available

WARNING: Failed to fetch URL git://git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-3.10.git;bareclone=1;branch=standard/base,meta;name=machine,meta, attempting MIRRORS if available

ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-3.10.git;bareclone=1;branch=standard/base,meta;name=machine,meta'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/work/edison-poky-linux/linux-yocto/3.10.17+gitAUTOINC+6ad20f049a_c03195ed6e-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.4800

ERROR: Task 73 (/export/edison/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.10.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 254 tasks of which 6 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:

/export/edison/edison-src/poky/meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_3.10.bb, do_fetch

Summary: There were 4 WARNING messages shown.

Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

• 1. Re: BSP build issue .git  not a git repository
          David_J_Hunt

This is very similar to the issue I described in this thread: Problems bitbaking ww42 Yocto image

I manually downloaded the tar.gz file, and created the .done file, then when I bitbaked, I could proceed.

Other people have reported that the build is fine, but now there's two of us with this issue.

Hopefully the workaround I describe in the other thread will allow you to proceed.

Regards,

Dave.

• 2. Re: BSP build issue .git  not a git repository
            IOTEdison

I'm still stuck.. Thinking of finding an older trunk to pull and start over. With hopes someone from Intel will fix this soon.

• 3. Re: BSP build issue .git  not a git repository
              IOTEdison

BSP that fails to build.  edison-src-rel1-maint-rel1-ww42-14.tgz

.git problem. Not a git Repository.  Running on ubuntu 14.04 32 bit as well as 64bit.  Both server fail the same way.  No proxy or firewall in way.

• 4. Re: BSP build issue .git  not a git repository
                AlexT_Intel

I'm seeing this as well after cleaning the downloads cache for kernel. Looking at the log I see it tries three mirrors, first one has a corrupted tarball (59MB vs. several hundred for other kernel tarballs there), second one (git repo) fails because the destination isn't a git repo and it tries a fetch and the third one is another tarball, which is 404 Not Found.

Looks like the first location got the file updated in Oct 27, which is a bit suspicious as the kernel version is rather old. I guess it used to work and that git problem simply never surfaced.

I'm looking into this further to see if there's any other tarball mirror or if I can make that git stuff work.

• 5. Re: BSP build issue .git  not a git repository
                  AlexT_Intel

Okay, I've just talked to Yocto folks on their IRC channel and looks like there were two things going on at the same time: cloning from the git repo (which is the main source for the Edison's kernel recipe) was failing with that bogus error + the tarball file in the PREMIRROR location (which is checked before the mainlocation) was broken (maybe its autogenerated from the same git repo, I don't know).

Right now they've removed the broken tarball and as long as git works fine again, at least on my machine it's fetching it just fine. Please try it out.

In the future if something like that happens, you can work that around by finding another source of this same file on the Internet (filename will be in the do_fetch log mentioned in the error message) and then adding the below line to the kernel recipe (or any other recipe to that matter):

MIRRORS += "git://git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-3.10.git http://build.gnome.org/ostree/work/build-yocto/downloads/ \n"

Here I've found the same file on one of the Gnome servers (and there was another one on Linaro servers as well), so by means of that variable I'm just adding it as a mirror for the location with URL "git://git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-3.10.git" (which is our main one mentioned in the kernel recipe).

• 6. Re: BSP build issue .git  not a git repository
                    IOTEdison

Do we have a bundle which we can use to build out of box? Or do you have a git repo we can clone to do the same

as the source bundle? I was hoping to get my devices online with a custom build. i.e. Something that pre-dates the

current issues.. Like yocto kernel, swig.git not being found, etc.. 

• 7. Re: BSP build issue .git  not a git repository
                      KurtE

For what it is worth, this afternoon, I deleted my partial build, reloaded the sources and started over.  This time the build completed.

Attempted 2802 tasks... all succeeded.

With 25 warning messages shown

• 8. Re: BSP build issue .git  not a git repository
                        IOTEdison

HI Kurt, 

I wish it was that easy for me. I deleted everything.. Started fresh..  I am able to get past the original issue with kernel file. But now I'm hitting a new one.

/export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report /export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libwebsockets/1.23-r0/build/CMakeFiles  6

| /export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/cmake -E make_directory /export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libwebsockets/1.23-r0/build/bin/../share/libwebsockets-test-server

| /export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/cmake -E copy /export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libwebsockets/1.23-r0/libwebsockets-1.23-chrome32-firefox24/test-server/test.html /export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libwebsockets/1.23-r0/build/bin/../share/libwebsockets-test-server

| /export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/cmake -E make_directory /export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libwebsockets/1.23-r0/build/bin/../share/libwebsockets-test-server

| [100%] /export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/sysroots/i686-linux/usr/bin/cmake -E copy /export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libwebsockets/1.23-r0/build/libwebsockets-test-server.key.pem /export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libwebsockets/1.23-r0/build/bin/../share/libwebsockets-test-server

| Built target test-server-extpoll

| Error copying file "/export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libwebsockets/1.23-r0/build/libwebsockets-test-server.key.pem" to "/export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libwebsockets/1.23-r0/build/bin/../share/libwebsockets-test-server".

| make[2]: *** [bin/libwebsockets-test-server] Error 1

| make[2]: Leaving directory `/export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libwebsockets/1.23-r0/build'

| make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/test-server.dir/all] Error 2

| make[1]: Leaving directory `/export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libwebsockets/1.23-r0/build'

| make: *** [all] Error 2

| ERROR: oe_runmake failed

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libwebsockets/1.23-r0/temp/log.do_compile.26898)

ERROR: Task 523 (/export/edison/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-distro/recipes-connectivity/libwebsockets/libwebsockets_1.23.bb, do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1868 tasks of which 18 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:

/export/edison/edison-src/device-software/meta-edison-distro/recipes-connectivity/libwebsockets/libwebsockets_1.23.bb, do_compile

Summary: There were 24 WARNING messages shown.

Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.

The file " /export/edison/edison-src/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libwebsockets/1.23-r0/build/libwebsockets-test-server.key.pem"

does not exist. So, appears its the cause of the failure.

I've read other forums talking about doing a simple touch of the file and resin the build is a workaround.  Do we know when this

problem will be fixed? This should not be this hard.. Maybe because this is the early days of the Edison. Kind of like the early days

of the Galileo project..

• 9. Re: BSP build issue .git  not a git repository
                          gsrebro

Alex, I have a similar problem trying to make the Edison image. After copied kernel.bbclass from original poky directory as I mentiones hereProblem making Edison image now I have see tis error:

DEBUG: Executing python function do_unpack

DEBUG: Executing python function base_do_unpack

DEBUG: Running export PATH="/edison-src/poky/scripts:/edison-src/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/core2-32-poky-linux:/edison-src/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/edison/usr/bin/crossscripts:/edison-src/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/sbin:/edison-src/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin:/edison-src/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/sbin:/edison-src/poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/bin:/edison-src/poky/scripts:/edison-src/poky/bitbake/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games"; export HOME="/root"; git clone -s -n --mirror /edison-src/poky/build/downloads/git2/git.yoctoproject.org.linux-yocto-3.10.git/ /edison-src/poky/build/tmp/work/edison-poky-linux/linux-yocto/3.10.17+gitAUTOINC+6ad20f049a_c03195ed6e-r0/git/

DEBUG: Python function base_do_unpack finished

DEBUG: Python function do_unpack finished

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:

fatal: repository '/edison-src/poky/build/downloads/git2/git.yoctoproject.org.linux-yocto-3.10.git/' does not exist

Is it related to git repository you mentioned or due some other error?

Thanks in advance

Gabriel Srebro

• 10. Re: BSP build issue .git  not a git repository
                            IOTEdison

I was able to work around libwebsocket issue by doing the following after the build fails for the first time.

touch edison-src/build/tmp/work/core2-32-poky-linux/libwebsockets/1.23-r0/build/libwebsockets-test-server.pem

then rerun bit bake edison-image.

I wonder if I just tried to build libwebsocket first then the build would work to completion.  Either way we have a bug with build when building

a new source setup. No previous download or sstate.

• 11. Re: BSP build issue .git  not a git repository
                              AlexT_Intel

IOTEdison, check out this thread, I think the fix posted there should work for you.

• 12. Re: BSP build issue .git  not a git repository
                                AlexT_Intel

Well, yes, that looks pretty much like the same problem. When I talked to Yocto folks on the IRC they mentioned that they saw sporadical git clone problems on their repo, but that self-resolved around the time i talked to them (and I confirmed that by runnign the build, some other folks did as well). Maybe the problem has returned?

Anyways, try applying the workaround with MIRROR list I've posted there, should be good enough.

And one more thing - just copying the bbclass file from one Yocto version to another is prone to errors, because they may change stuff in between the versions. I hope you rather reviewed both old and new files and merged the changes?

• 13. Re: BSP build issue .git  not a git repository
                                  bDahl

To Add the mirror option solved my problems.

• 14. Re: BSP build issue .git  not a git repository
                                    gravemind

@AlexT_Intel Hi Alex can you point out which exact file (please include file path) you have to make this change. I am a noob to bitbaking.

1 2 Previous Next