Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Intel Rapid Story Technology Driver Failing to Install

CCole3
Beginner

I have just done a fresh reinstall of Windows 7 SP1 64bit and when I install the Intel RST driver I am met with an error. I have inserted an image below. And yes I have installed .NET FX 4.5.1

My PC specs are

Intel Core i5 3330 OC to 3.30GhZ

Corsair 8GB 1600MHz RAM running in Dual Channel

MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB VRAM

Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Motherboard running the F9 BIOS

SanDisk 64GB SATA III SSD

Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA III 6Gb/s 64MB Cache

Hitachi 120GB 5400RPM SATA 8MB Cache

Here is the log file error.

Message was edited by: Joe_Intel&# 13; Log attached in file to save space in page.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Did you try installing an older version of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology?

It is advised to use Intel® Rapid Storage Technology version 12.x for Intel® 7 Series Chipset.

0 Kudos
MBlac2
Novice

Why do you recommend an older version? I have the same issue as above. The latest version I can install is

Version: 13.1.0.1058 (Previously released)

Date: 05/27/2014

I also checked the latest version

Version: 13.2.4.1000 (Latest)

Date: 08/01/2014

which does not even contain the "driver" for the Intel® 7 Series Chipset even if it says so in the readme.txt

* 1. OVERVIEW

Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Release is designed to provide

functionality for the following Storage Controllers:

- Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller

- Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller

- Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller

- Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/24293/eng/ReadMe.txt http://downloadmirror.intel.com/24293/eng/ReadMe.txt

0 Kudos
CCole3
Beginner

In the readme link you posted it does say it supports the 7 Series chipset.

- Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI/RAID Controller

So the latest RST should work for the series 7 chipset, or Intel haven't rectified the ReadMe yet. When I first ran into this problem I had suspicions that it would only work for the X99 chipset and if it DOES I have to say I am quite disappointed Intel didn't make that more apparent (if it's true, so far I'm just guessing the driver is glitched) With the USB 3.0 driver it specifically says C216 or C220, if the latest RST driver only supports X99 it should say *X99 Only etc...

I just want a yes or no, if the latest RST driver X99 only?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please allow me more time to check on this.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please generate and attach the system report: http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/imsm/sb/CS-023487.htm Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) — System Reports

0 Kudos
CCole3
Beginner

I would have inserted the txt file but the Intel forum only allows you to insert a video/image.

Edit: File attached by joe_intel

0 Kudos
NMoor1
Beginner

I am also having the same problem with the RST on my new x99 board with a fresh install of windows 7. I have not tried an older version yet but I did see this on the X99 chipset page. " Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) requires the computer to have an Intel® RST-enabled chipset, the RAID controller in the BIOS enabled, and the Intel RST software driver installed. Please consult your system vendor for more information". I plan to make sure of these three settings tonight. I have no idea why you would need to turn on the raid controller if it is not in use in my case, but i will try anything at this point. Hope this helps us both.

0 Kudos
NMoor1
Beginner

It's me again and I solved my problem . I have two sets of SATA ports on my motherboard and after careful observation I noticed a small difference. The ports I had my primary drive secondary drive and my optical drive plugged into were labeled "S_SATA3_0". The other set of ports were "SATA3_0". Then I saw that the bios and windows 7 while plugged into the S_SATA3 ports saw my hardware as being plugged into an eSATA port. Hence why the RST is kicking back the "platform". I powered down and switched the cables over to the other ports and the bios once set to AHCI mode saw my 850 pro as a raid (though it is a single drive) and automatically set it to raid. So I saved and exited the bios and windows loaded some drivers as soon as I hit the desktop then asked for a reboot. Once it rebooted I ran the RST executable and it worked !!!!! It installed the RST and asked for another reboot and I am now in business, RST and all! Hope this works for you too Ghost!

CCole3
Beginner

I looked in my motherboard BIOS/UEFI and made sure it was set to AHCI and still no luck, I'm running the latest BIOS for my motherbar but no avail. My motherboard only has two SATA 3 ports and all the SATA ports run on the Intel chipset but I still have the issue.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for the information provided.

I have forwarded the information to the engineering department. I will update this thread as soon as we get more information.

0 Kudos