Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

Unable to update Graphics Driver ? Windows 8.1 crashing my damn system !

LScou
Beginner

Upgrading to windows 8.1 Was the worst thing that ever happened to me but ofc Microsoft has to force us to try this new filed technology , Disguarding the fact everybody's Computer is different . Every since i had to upgrade to windows 8.1 it's literally been one problem after another . Well i need to update my drivers and CAN'T . I blame this on Windows 8.1 update . Anyways , I came here and used the Intel Drivers Utility . I was going to download it but got DC , My internet is poor . When i came back to try again it said

The file that you are trying to download has either been moved, renamed or archived . This sucked for me . It kept saying that over and over so i tried looking for the drivers myself and i thought i had found it but the download said " the driver being installed is not validated " Ect . I tried again and got the same error message . I desparately need to update my drivers MY LAPTOP G.C is Crashing because of STUPID windows 8.1 update . PLEASE Help

My Graphics say i have " Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 " Thats it . Nothing more .

And when i tried to update it from the Device manager it said the driver was already up to date which is NOT TRUE . The current Version is 10.18.10.3308 .

Please PLEASE help me . It would be a REAL shame if i had to partition for a reset back to windows 8 and lose ALL my data !

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Momosaki, let me give you some options:

0 Kudos
LScou
Beginner

I tried installing the Exe and got the same message as i stated previously ,

the driver being installed is not validated . And it wasn't possible to update it with the Zip-file either

because it then said " Windows has determined your drivers are at their best " . Which is BS cause its NOT .

When i tried to unistall it ... idk what happened . It like it installed itself back PLEASE HELP. My Mal is such

a fail so i can't access drivers there.

0 Kudos
JBarr13
Beginner

1. Reboot your computer.

2. Carefully follow the "Have Disk" method to update your driver.

0 Kudos