4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2014 1:26 PM by Arthur-LW

Intel Management Engine Components Installer on my EVGA Z87 FTW gives this error message:

Arthur-LW

Intel Management Engine Components Installer on my EVGA Z87 FTW gives this error message:  This computer does not meet the minimum requrements for installing the software.  EVGA tech support hasn't heard of this before.  Anybody help?

• 1. Re: Intel Management Engine Components Installer on my EVGA Z87 FTW gives this error message:
          sylvia_intel

Hell Arthut-LW, thanks for joining the Intel Community.

This message appears when we try to install a driver and your system is not allowing you to do it.

• Would you please provide me the model number of the processor you are using?
          • Which is the graphics driver installed?
          • Are you using a video card?
          • Do you have the latest BIOS version installed?
          • 2. Re: Intel Management Engine Components Installer on my EVGA Z87 FTW gives this error message:
            Arthur-LW

Sure.  i7 4790K

GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Version 344.48

Almost the latest BIOS:  EVGA 1.10

They came out with a 1.11 just this month, but it isn't supposed to address this issue, of which EVGA tech support has never heard before.  "Weird," is what someone in level two said.  LOL

I tried seeing if Intel had a newer version than the one I have from the EVGA website: Z87_ME_SW_1323.zip, but I just get a runaround and find myself in a perpetual loop.  Driver update utility doesn't do the job since I don't have it installed in the first place.  it is necessary to have it installed before I install the E-LEET overclocking tool.  I tried doing a search on the Intel website for their latest version but never found one that was even remotely applicable to my Z87 chipset.  Maybe I'm not supposed to overclock this bad boy.  LOL

Or maybe, I should just do it manually and not worry about this O/C method?

• 3. Re: Intel Management Engine Components Installer on my EVGA Z87 FTW gives this error message:
              sylvia_intel

Arthur-LW, it is important to understand first that processor over clocking is a practice that overstresses the unit; hence it could be expected to have problems sooner or later. There is no processor capable to last the expected lifetime from factory if it is over clocked and Intel cannot guarantee the proper functionality of a CPU if it is being over clocked because every single unit is manufactured to run within specifications.

We make unlocked and Extreme Edition Processors because there is a section of the computer market that likes doing that but they know this is a risk under their responsibility. Also there are OEM computer manufacturers that sell systems already over clocked from factory like Alienware and Northwest Falcon but they provide the warranty support if something goes wrong. We do provide recommendations for save over clocking but we provide as well a clear disclaimer about it. See the following web site and read the information at the bottom of the page:

Over clocking Intel® Processors:

https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/overclocking/overclocking-intel-processors.html

From our side, this is all the information I could provided you, will not be able to advise or assist you with the overclocking process, nor on changing the settings.

But you might get a reply from another user with some recommendations.

• 4. Re: Intel Management Engine Components Installer on my EVGA Z87 FTW gives this error message:
                Arthur-LW

Thanks, Sylvia.

Yeah, I had already seen it as a sort of omen to not fool with this cpu.  I was more intrigued at how a system this advanced could not measure up to the utility's minimum specs and wondered whose fault it was.  I'm guessing the fault lies with the MB itself.  It has a quirk where on boot up it makes four rapid beeps then one correct beep and proceeds to load.  Tech support says they have seen this from time to time with some of these boards and it's nothing to worry about. (?) LOL

I'm happy with the processor as it is.  I thought it would be fun to see what I could get it up to, but wouldn't leave it there for any length of time anyway, as I too am more interested in longevity rather than ultimate speed.  With my Cooler Master Hyper N520 cooling solution CoreTemp  0.99.8 shows an idle temp of around 28° for this processor, and that makes me happy.

Thanks again for all the help.

Arthur