I would like to use a Galileo board, some sensors, some servos and a screen of some description to make a Smart Cabinet. So, what is a smart cabinet?
Its a cabinet that recognizes the user.
The experience looks something like this:
1. The cabinet drawers are initially locked.
2. User is recognized via something like a badge, password, or bio-metric.
3. A GUI of some description displays the contents of the cabinet (the list of products that the user has access to)
4. The user chooses a product
5. The drawers(s) that the user has access to unlock.
6. The user takes the product.
7. After a period of time the user returns the product.
So. step one.
1. Lock a cabinet via a Galileo Board. Ideas/Suggestions ?
This project sounds very cool. My suggestion would be to use "magnetic switches". See the picture below. I haven't used one but I know they are used in home electronic devices such as windows and doors open/close control systems, so I think they might be useful for this project.