Intel RST Service Is Not Running

JKeog
Beginner

I have a custom PC, spec as follows:

ASRock Z77 Pro3

Core i5-3570K

8GB G.Skill Ripjaws-X PC3

Crucial M4 128GB SSD

WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD (for non-essential programs and games)

Secondary 1TB HDD (for audio/video files only)

PowerColor Radeon HD 7850 V2, 2GB GDDR5

Windows 7 Pro SP1

Everything was running great up until a couple of months ago when i started getting the above in the tasktray, accompanied by an icon of a HDD and a blue circle. Since i've been getting that error, the start-up time has slightly increased, but the shut-down time has greatly increased. While it used to take maybe 5-10 seconds to shut down, now it's taking 30+ seconds to shut down. Also, my CPU idle has gone from 0-1% to 25-28%. There are no other programs causing this increase.

I've attempted to uninstall the RST service drivers, but they appear to keep re-installing on the restart. I've also downloaded the latest drivers from the Intel website, but i've no idea how to install them. I get the RAR folder with the following files:

iaahcic.cat

iaAHCIC.inf

iaStorA.sys

iastorac.cat

iaStorAC.inf

iaStorF.sys

I don't know what to do with them. I know that the RST is for RAID, but i don't know anything about RAID or how it works. So, i'm fairly confident that i don't want/need it.

Can someone point me in the right direction to uninstall this, or to at least get it working properly again so that it's not causing the issues as stated above?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JKeog
Beginner

Never mind, i uninstalled it. I don't use/need it, and simple by uninstalling the RST service i dropped my CPU idle from 24% to 0% and spared up 0.2GB ram.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JKeog
Beginner

Never mind, i uninstalled it. I don't use/need it, and simple by uninstalling the RST service i dropped my CPU idle from 24% to 0% and spared up 0.2GB ram.

0 Kudos