10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2016 10:03 AM by manikpi

Building xFSTK on Ubuntu 14.04 (32-bit) for flashing Edison

If you want to use the flashall.sh method of installing operating systems on your Edison, then it's more than likely that you'll need to install xFSTK. I've spent a few hours trying to get it building, and have failed to get it building on a 64-bit OS, so I finally got it working on Ubuntu 14-04 (32-bit). Once I got the 32-bit OS installed, it was rather straightforward, but with a different method to that on the front of the xFSTK sourceforge page.

Download the latest version of xFSTK onto your Ubuntu 14.04 32-bit system from here and extract.

tar xvfz xfstk-dldr-linux-source-1.7.2.tar.gz
      cd xfstk-build/linux-source-package
      sudo apt-get install g++ qtcreator build-essential devscripts libxml2-dev alien doxygen graphviz libusb-dev libboost-all-dev

Also, a couple of missing packages needed for the build and packager not mentioned on the sourceforge page

sudo apt-get install libqt4-dev qt4-qmake

Set a couple of environment variables (the packaging at the end of the build script will fail if these are not set)

export DISTRIBUTION_NAME=ubuntu14.04
      export BUILD_VERSION=0.0.0

Now to tweak the build script for a faster compilation. Edit 'package-xfstk-downloader-linux.sh' and search for the line with 'make --version' and add a '-j x' onto the end, where x is the number of processors you have available on your build system. Example

make --version -j 6

now run the script to build and package xFSTK:

If all goes well, that will build everything and produce an installable .deb package in ./xfstk-build/installer/linux/ubuntu/

and and installable rpm package in ./xfstk-build/installer/linux/fedora/

You can then install the .deb package using 'dpkg -i'