1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 13, 2009 4:41 PM by CleaverX

Unable to Install Windows 7 on D925XCV "Could not Update the Computer's Boot Configuration

hhinman

I've been unable to install Windows 7 on my D925XCV based PC which is Running Vista Ultimate SP2 with two Sata Drives raided together under Raid 0. The Setup runs for 2 hours and looks fine, but during the final step puts an error up and rolls back. The error message is "Could Not Update the Computer's Boot Configuration". I have the current 82801FR (ICH6) driver, I can run BCDEDIT fine, and I'm logged in as Administrator when running the setup. I've searched the internet and can not find any advice that helps. Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Unable to Install Windows 7 on D925XCV "Could not Update the Computer's Boot Configuration
          CleaverX

Hello, does not matter if you are logged in as an Administrator, Vista alway runs with restricted credentials; most programs will ask for elevation when you try to run them, but some will not. Try this: turn off User Account Control (requires restart), then find and right-click on the W7 setup.exe and choose:"run as Administrator". If that does not help, then you shoul do a test install on a spare sata drive (not hooked to the raid controller). In my experience so far, windows 7 is the fastest installing OS, averaging about 35min from dead brick, to surfing the net.

Best regards

The Cleaver