Hi thanks, but it's a Sapphire board. Sapphire Pure Platinum H61. I bought it anyway so I will see what I get. It's not always possible to see what revision you are getting when you order something online.
In this case I recommend you contacting the motherboard manufacturer.
So can I take it from this that the H61 chipset was affected by the bug ? The article referenced didn't say, and all the forums I checked out have been contradictory on the matter.
- Right click on My Computer.
- Click Properties.
- Go to Device Manager and expand Universal Serial Bus.
- Locate Intel(R) 6 series/c200 series Family USB enhanced Host controller.
- Right click on it and then select Properties.
- Click on Details tab; select Hardware ID from the Property drop down menu.
If Hardware ID ends in 04, the system is using B2.
If Hardware ID ends in 05, the system is using B3.
Thanks, but thing is I need to know about this before I buy, so if I know that there was never a problem with the H61 chipset - which I can't detirmine - that would mean I don't have to worry about this.
I suppose is very unlikely for you to get a motherboard with a B2 chipset nowadays but I would check with the motherboard manufacturer anyway.