1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 16, 2014 12:59 PM by kevin_intel

Sofware update (need help)

nic727

Hi,

I want to put my software up-to-date, but I have difficulties to find wich software I need.

That's what I get by doing the automatic detect :

*In red is what I need help with*

Graphic driver

Product Detected Intel® HD Graphics 
        Current Driver Installed   8.15.10.2993
      Your driver is current.
      Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility (Chipset INF)   
        Product DetectedIntel® 6, 5, 4, 3, 900 Series Chipsets 
        Current Version Installed 10.0.13
      This version is valid.
      Audio Driver for Intel Desktop Board   
        Product Detected Intel(R) Display Audio
        Current Driver Installed   6.14.0.3086
      This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>> 
      Wireless Networking (WiFi)   
        Product Detected DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card
        Current Driver Installed   5.60.48.35
      This device is unknown or unsupported. Please contact the manufacturer for possible updates. More information>>

I need help with those things.

First of all, the chipset, my version is valid and I would like to know what version do I need to have the most recent one. I can't find where to download it.

What is the Intel(R) Display Audio and where can I find the recent version?

Same for the Wireless card.

And what is the most recent version for Intel Rapid Storage technology for Intel(R) 5 Series 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller?

I have version 12.9.0.1001 from 2013-10-28 and I would like to know if there is a 2014 version.

Thank you for your help. I know I have a 4-6 years old laptop, but I prefer to update my drivers...

-Nic-

• 1. Re: Sofware update (need help)
          kevin_intel

Hi nic727,

Let me help you with this.

Please note the .INF file is a generic driver for OEM systems. This driver has the standard drivers for Intel® computers but it may not work properly on other branded systems. This is because we as Intel, provide the hardware to Computer Manufacture and they will design and create their own computers setting limitation according to their specifications.

From our side we can provide the .INF file but since it is not working for you correctly, my best recommendation for you is to contact the Computer Manufacture and get their latest drivers that have been designed specifically for your unit.

Kevin M