Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20497 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 4600 BSOD

HRosl
Beginner

Hi,

I'm suddenly having BSOD Video_TDR_Failure igdkmd64.sys for no reason. I wasn't even doing anything on my laptop.

I've tried both the 3907 and 3621 to no avail.

It'll show "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" with lots of dead pixels and crashed to BSOD.

The only option I currently have is by disabling my display adapters. Please help

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Hairos

Could you please provide information regarding your system?

What model of laptop do you have?

What operating system are you using?

Also, could you please attach the Intel HD Graphic Control Panel report for your system? Right click Desktop , click Graphics Properties, click Options and Support tile, click Information Center in dropdown, click Save in bottom right corner. Please attach the text file generated to this thread.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
HRosl
Beginner

Hi Robert

I'm using a Clevo. Here are the specs:

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.131030-1505)

System Model: W35xSS_370SS

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

I can't get into the graphic control. Whenever I enabled the intel graphic display adapter it'll crash into BSOD. I can only use the laptop when its disabled.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Hairos

Thanks for the additional information. Regarding the Clevo system, does it have Hybrid Graphics with Nvidia GeForce GTX 765M and the Intel HD 4600?

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
HRosl
Beginner

hi Robert,

Its hybrid Intel HD 4600 and Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M

0 Kudos
Filip_Z_Intel
Employee

Have You also tried installing latest Nvidia driver?

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Izha, I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with this system.

This behavior was reported a few months ago; please check this URL for additional information. http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009483.htm Graphics Drivers — Errors Reported By Microsoft*

Please follow the solutions given on that page.

If you have an OEM system, I would recommend installing the graphics driver they provided, since our drivers are generic and sometimes the OEM system does not allow the installation of them.

Regards,

0 Kudos
HRosl
Beginner

Hi Sylvia

Thanks for the solutions however I've tried them but to no avail.

I still don't know what's wrong.

0 Kudos