4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2014 1:19 PM by sylvia_intel

When is the NUC refresh due?

Wozza2014

Hi.

I have been thinking about buying a N2830 NUC but I am wondering if there is going to be a model refresh soon?

Cheers.

• 1. Re: When is the NUC refresh due?
          sylvia_intel

I am afraid to inform you that we don't handle any information on unreleased products or technologies due to corporate policies.

We can tell that the new BIOS update will have proper release notes stating what fixes it brings as previous BIOS versions in the past.

Just in case this is the list of NUCs available Intel® NUC Kits    

--------------------------------------------------------- 

***I'm sorry to add this post on the previous one, but for some reason I'm not able to reply to your 2nd comment,***

Oh, now I understand your question better.  Yes, The Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH will convert to use the Intel® Celeron processor N2830.

The name of the product will remain the same, but you will be able to identify the difference between them by the SA# on the label on the bottom of the chassis and the barcode label on the box.

Here are the part numbers you can look for, to identify the version that uses the N2830 processor:

SA#: H22962-103 (and later) - this is found on the barcode label on the bottom of the NUC Kit chassis

or

AA#: H24582-203 (and later) - this is found on the barcode label on the NUC motherboard itself

Additional information could be found at this PCN

file:///C:/Users/silopez/Downloads/PCN112980-01.pdf

If what you're asking is whether this NUC will come out using a newer processor, I am afraid to tell you that I do not have that information handy, but I can ask.

• 2. Re: When is the NUC refresh due?
            visiter555

LOL - I am assuming this is a deliberate attempt to make people laugh???

Intel "announced" a processor change in the DN2820 months ago to the 2830, but for financial reasons they aren't shipping it until they sell the older 2820 processor version.  Intel did not rename the unit as it is the unit name (lol) not the processor that is contained within (2820 or 2830, buy and find out...lol).

• 3. Re: When is the NUC refresh due?
              Wozza2014

Thanks Sylvia.

I was just wondering if any new models were being readied for release in the not too distant future.  From what I have read on the internet some i5 and i3 models will be release in Q1 and Q2 2015.  I think these will be too expensive for me so I will purchase a N2820 model just for a mess about with Ubuntu.

I knew about the N2820 and N2830 issue.  I am hoping that I get the N2830 if I order from Amazon soon.

• 4. Re: When is the NUC refresh due?
                sylvia_intel

Unfortunately that is all the information we have at the moment.