Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics with HDMI Over Cat6

idata
Employee

Hello, I work for a school and we have just brought a Vivo PC from asus, It has come with Intel HD Graphics. I need to be able to use this machine with HDMI Over Cat6 extenders to get the display from the classroom to the PC in the corridor. When i plug everything in, the 2nd display appears correctly but i am not getting any display on the screen. I have another computer we used previously and this works so i know all of the cables and extenders are working correctly.

Is there something i am doing wrong which is why this is not working? I have updated the drivers and everything is up to date! I have this machine as a test as i thought it would be a perfect solution. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Ross

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Ross

Could you please provide the following information?

1, What OS are you using?

2, How ling of CAT6 run is it?

3, What brand/model of HDMI extender are you using?

4, Does the Vivo and display work correctly when connected with a standard HDMI cable?

5, What model of display are you using.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Robert

1. Operating system is Windows 8

2. I am not 100 percent on the distance, All i do know is When i plug a computer with a decent graphics card into the extender the picture transmit's perfectly fine, So i dont think the run is an issue!

3. AcGoSp Super 60m HDMI Extender, http://www.amazon.co.uk/AcGoSp-Super-60m-HDMI-Extender/dp/B00M8NPTBW/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1412866766&sr=8-11&keywords=HDMi+super+extender AcGoSp Super 60m HDMI Extender: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

4. When i have the machine on, i can use 2 screens perfectly fine with 1080p resolution, so the standard HDMI is working fine.

5. We are using LG LED Smart TV

When i plug everything into the Vivo box, it tells me the LG TV Is connected but im just not getting any display.

Thanks for your reply!

Ross

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the additional information. On the Vivo system, did you set the graphics output to extended desktop or clone displays? Also, do you know approximately how long the cable run is?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Robert, I have set the output to Clone the device to Monitor + TV

Its defintely shorter than 50m which is the length it says on the box, We have 20 of these setups and they are all working with the current machine's we have inplace.

Thanks

Ross

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Have you known these machines to work through a HDMI extender before?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Problem solved! Purchased a higher quality HDMI cable and this has fixed the job! Very strange as the current setup is working on the older low quality cable!

Thanks for everyones help!

0 Kudos