Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Invalid PROSet Wireless setup.xml for Unattended Installation

RNiss
Beginner

I downloaded and extracted the v.17.0.1.5 "Kona Intel Wireless Driver for 64-bit Windows" from Lenovo. I want to do a silent, unattended installation, and used the following command to attempt this:

Setup.exe -q -l C:\ProsetInstall.log -c setup.xml

Setup invariably fails with "Exception: Configuration Error: Unable to apply configuration: setup.xml". I've tried several permutations of selected components in setup.xml. Below is my current setup.xml. The insert syntax highlighting feature seems a bit glitchy, so you may see some unexpected line endings...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

Silent

Suppress

Any obvious problems?

I've also tried:

WIFI_Driver

WIFI_Driver, WIFI_BTHS, WIFI_Software, WIFI_PROSet

WIFI_Driver, WIFI_Software

I would rather not install the WiFi utility, but do need whatever bits are required to support pre-login (machine) authentication.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Berserk, let me share with you the documentation available for the topics you are inquiring about.

0 Kudos
AGiur
Beginner

It took me a while, but I think I figured out the problem. The "-c setup.xml" argument isn't supposed to point to the *.xml file. That *.xml file should always be named setup.xml anyways. The "-c" argument points to a specific configuration ID to use. Notice in your setup.xml file you have one Configuration block labeled Configuration Id="default"? I think you can have separate Configuration Id's that specify different things. So depending on the installation scenario, one setup.xml can include multiple different options.

Tl;Dr, try removing the -c argument similar to ...

Setup.exe -log "C:\ProsetInstall.log"

The following may also work ...

Setup.exe -log "C:\ProsetInstall.log" -c setup

P. S. I couldn't find good documentation for this anywhere. I got mine to work using trial and error.

0 Kudos