Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION on boot with second displayport monitor

DBalz3
Beginner

Hello

I am using a Dell E7440 with a PR02X port replicator and two Dell P2214H monitors connected through displayport. The laptop has an Intel Core i7-4600u processor with embedded 4400 graphics.

Windows crashes during boot when both (two) displayport cables are connected. If only one cable is connected or if the laptop screen is enabled (disabling one of the monitors) then Windows boots fine. Additionally, if I connect the second displayport cable once Windows has booted then everything is also fine and the second monitor is picked up as expected. It specifically seems to be a problem during the Windows startup sequence.

Things I have tried include:

1. Updating Intel graphics drivers to latest version on Dell website (issue still occurs)
  2. Force updating Intel graphics drivers to latest version on Intel website (issue still occurs)
  3. Removing Intel graphics driver completely (issue does NOT occur but back to VGA resolution)
  4. Using default drivers from Microsoft Windows Update (issue still occurs)

When I disconnect the second cable and allow Windows to load, it advises that there has been a blue screen. I have attached a crash analysis to the post.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

David

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello dbalzan, updating your system BIOS may help.

It is also recommended to check with the system manufacturer about this issue.

0 Kudos
DBalz3
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. Tonight I tried updating my system bios from A02 to A10. Bios update was successful but issue remains. I also tried another docking station but it made no difference.

I will open a support ticket with Dell too and see if they can help.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ d balzan, Has the issue been occurring since you purchased the system?

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
DBalz3
Beginner

Yes the issue has occurred since I purchased the system. This is the first time I have used it in my home office configuration. The only difference between my home office configuration and office configuration is that I use displayport at home and DVI at office. I do not have the issue when using DVI connections.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

@ David, OK, thanks for the additional information. We will be posting an updated driver soon that addresses several issues that may be related to what you are experiencing. Please watch the Communities for the driver release update.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
DBalz3
Beginner

I can confirm that driver update 15367 has indeed fixed the problem with two display ports.

From a customer point of view I am absolutely thrilled to have a big company like Intel listen to my issue and provide a timely resolution. Thank you to Robert and the team.. a thoroughly professional piece of work.

0 Kudos