Thanks for your feedback on the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel. We are constantly working to improve user experience with GUI and user feedback is important.
I have a couple of questions regarding your specific issue.
1. Can you provide details of your system, make, model, CPU, etc.
2. What version of the Intel HD Graphics driver are you currently using?
3. What games are you seeing issues with?
1. It's the Lenovo U530 Touch. Using the core i7 4510u (I'm pretty sure).
2. I had the latest version, but I tried downgrading and it didn't help.
3. The games I'm having trouble with are the Battlefield games. I'm sure there are other games that experience this problem, but I'm not sure. Older games seem to be perfectly okay (games from like 2008-2010).
Sorry for the late reply, I just realized I got an email. Hopefully there's a fix for this scaling issue.
Thanks Brendon for the additional information. I found on the Lenovo support site the the U530 Touch only supports the following resolutions on the internal display.
Display / Resolution
- 15.6" Full HD (1920 x 1080) display with 10-point multitouch, 16:9 widescreen
- 15.6" HD (1366 x 768) display with 10-point multitouch, 16:9 widescreen
720p HD by definition is 1280x720 resolution. I cannot find any information that the U530 will support 1280x720 on the internal display.
For the flickering issue with Chrome*, Is this the only app that exposes the issue? Do you have the latest Chrome updates?
Also, could you generate and attach a DXDiag report for your system?
I managed to get the custom resolution 720p to work, and since the screen is natively 1080p it works fine, but that's not really my issue. Most games I play in 720p will fit to screen, but when I play Battlefield games, the game just wont scale.. It will stay centered with a black border around it.. Any idea on how to fix that? Thanks.
Also, it would just be a major hassle to change my resolution to 720p to play a game, and then change it back to just do every-day stuff.