I would like to get some more information about the system so please provide the following:
- What is the Wireless adapter you are using?
- What is the wireless driver installed?
- What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
Please provide the dxdiag report here. How to get it?
Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu> open> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.
Also run the System Identification Utility and provide the Code given by the software:
Sorry it took me so long to respond
1. Intel(R) Dual band Wireless-AC 7260
2. The version I installed is 184.108.40.206... Is that what you mean? The driver I downloaded from the driver download site from intel.. The name of the file is "Wireless_17.1.0_De164"
3. So far I've only done what the intel customer service has told me which is... Check to see if I have the latest drivers (which I do)... Install the latest version of Intel ME engine. I've ensured that in the bios... the smart connect box is checked.
Using the website given below the code or reference# that was returned was: 0280 7988
DxDiag.txt.zip 12.5 K
Also just an update... after re-installing drivers and the latest version of smart connect there doesn't seem to be any message in the smart connect window. Attached is what I see when I open up smart connect from the system tray
Please try the following steps:
- Uninstall completely the Wireless driver you have installed on the system.
- Download this wireless driver:
- Once the wireless driver has been installed, uninstall the Intel® Smart Connect Technology.
- Download the latest version and install it: