I would like to verify and understand more your issue and the system configuration you have so please provide the following:
- At this point you have a RAID 1 setup with 2 HDDs and the SSD is for Intel® Smart Response Technology (cache), is this correct?
- Is the SSD connected to an Intel® SATA port or is it connected to a Marvel SATA port?
- Are there partitions on the SSD?
- Have you tried formatting the SSD?
- Make sure the SSD is not part of an old Raid configuration.
Please provide the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology System Report by going to Help> System report> Save> Attach as file here using the advanced Editor Options.
I may have a similar problem. Asus P8Z77-V Pro MB, RST 188.8.131.529, Samsung SSD. When I had a 1 TB WD HDD with 512 byte sectors, I could cache the HDD with my SSD using Intel RST. When I upgraded my HDD to a 2 TB WD advanced format (4K sector) drive, I no longer had an option to "accelerate" my drive using RST and my SSD. There was no partition on my SSD. I can use the SSD as another disk but the "Performance" tab of the RST application shows no acceleration options like it did with the 1 TB WD drive. I tried reformatting the SSD to no avail. If I put the 1 TB drive back in, I again see acceleration options.
So I'm guessing that the RST acceleration using a 512 byte sector SSD is NOT compatibel with 4k sector HDDs?