3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2014 11:59 AM by DiegoV_Intel

19.2 MHz Clkout / IO-Ports

xblades

Hi,

is the 19.2MHz clock output fixed or programmable ?

Is it possible to switch more than one GPIO at the same time - especially GPIO40..49 ?

It would be nice to have detailed register-overview. Is there any more technical documentation available ?

Best regards,

Stefan Verse

• 1. Re: 19.2 MHz Clkout / IO-Ports
          DiegoV_Intel

Hi xblades,

Are you asking if the CLK output can be programmed to generate different output frequencies or if the pin can be programmed to function as a GPIO? Answering the GPIO question, you only can switch them one at a time.

Regarding the last question, we are in the process of making more documentation public so I'd suggest you to keep checking the documents frequently. Please be patient.

Regards,

Diego.

• 2. Re: 19.2 MHz Clkout / IO-Ports
            xblades

Hi,

I'm asking of programming the clkout to another frequency, such as 25MHz.

Typically such a clock is part of a programmable clksybsystem with predevider or postdivider of a pll. The frequency is quite untypical, so i guess it's not needed to be 19.2 MHz for other sybsystems on the chip.

At the moment i think about adding a USB to Ethernet port that could benefit of a 25MHz clock.

Concerning the IO-Ports i guess they are arranged in IO-Ports and maybe are switchable in groups - even if it's not provided by Intel at the moment.

Best regards,

Stefan Verse

• 3. Re: 19.2 MHz Clkout / IO-Ports
              DiegoV_Intel

Hi xblades,

The 19.2 MHz CLK output is not programmable. Regarding the IO-Ports, we might be publishing additional documentation about it.

Regards,

Diego.