Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

I bought an Asus laptop with intel i3 and it FPS for some reason droped

MKran1
Beginner

Asus g - something something, win 8 not 8.1, intel i3, 4gb ram, etc... Anyways... So I bought this laptop like a year ago and well it worked fine i could play stuff like bf3, cod, samp with mods, etc. But the thing dat changed and i mean CHANGED was my fps bcs one day I wanted to play a bit of COD and I noticed my fps was soooo low ( at that time i thought i was lagging bcs i usually lag ). So I researched that problem and many people told me it was the dust in my fan and I belived it but I didnt want to touch anything inside bcs im kind of a retarded as far as the pc stuff goes. So I reaserched it more and i went to win. update to update my drivers and stuff and i dunno how but it actually worked. So I was pretty happy, but then like a month passed and dat happend again and i was like no biggy, ima just update my drivers and everything's gonna be fine, BUT NO lol. So I was like relly woried so I went to a store dat I bought it from and well it was in their shop for about like 2 and a half weeks i think. So I thought they gotto solve that problem, BUT NO ! They didn't. And I reshearched it more, and moreeeee and I found out dat many people have this problem and I thought it was pretty weird bcs the dudes at the shop fixed like my motherboard but that didnt fix the actual problem ( i didnt even know my motherborad was broken lol ).So I found out dat I gotto update my drivers, now I dunno how this helped ( it barely helped but help is still a help ), but i update my graphics driver and it got my fps up by 5 but i was still sad bcs on samp i almost had no mods no enb's and my fps was low . So one day I was in my control panel and I found out I dont have any updates for this 3d video controler, but I didnt know what dat is. So here we are, i seached the whole internet, found barely some help. I JUST WANT TO PLAY SAMP IN A NORMAL FUCKING WAYYYY ITS A GAME FROM 2005 FOR GOD SAKES LOL

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MKran1
Beginner

updated* And my question is can u give me some kind of help to get my fps higher like the link to something or.... u kno

0 Kudos
MKran1
Beginner

^^ I didnt mean I updated it i meant I didnt want to say update so i corected it to updated* u kno

0 Kudos
MKran1
Beginner

Im currently updating 3d video controller for intel i3/64 bit win 8, is dat good?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

You may http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-009482.htm identify your Intel® graphics controller for manual driver http://downloadcenter.intel.com/ download or use the http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics Intel® Driver Update Utility.

Updating your system BIOS and using the game's default settings may also be of help.

More general suggestions are available here:

0 Kudos
MKran1
Beginner

Befor u answerd I alredy did all of that and nothing has changed. I updated my graphics driver again but nothing... I really need a solution to dis problem and as I go thorugh the forums and on yahoo answers seems dat everyone dat has this problem used intel 3000 or intel 4000 which is really weird.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

You may want to check if the game titles you are running have the latest patches and if they were tested with the specific Intel® HD Graphics model you own.

Your system must meet the requirements specified by the game developers.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-012643.htm Graphics Drivers — Game Playability

I wonder if the store gave proper maintenance to the cooling solution inside your computer because that could explain the difference in performance compared to the moment when you bought the computer.

0 Kudos
MKran1
Beginner

Well dats the thing. It used to work perfect, i could play bf and other stuff but now I only play samp with one weak ass enb and its like 45 fps max, now since i downloaded prevous released driver it kind helped but not a lot. And yeah if I go and play bf, the fps would be sooo low dat its unplayable and it used to be like 40 so ik i can run it but since this problem happend for the first time i can barely run anything

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

So, as I understand the different graphics driver versions you have tested does not make much of a difference. Are you playing the games with higher settings for game graphics details and screen resolution?

Have you tried restoring your computer's software to its original condition? This usually eliminates all possible software issues and in such case the cause will be most likely related to the cooling solution inside the computer or a different hardware problem.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Perhaps a system refresh can help you.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC - Windows Help

0 Kudos