Thanks GattoNero for chiming in. Here's my issue with this.
1. Eventually I wanted Intel Widi to work on my computer.
2. When I installed widi it prompted me saying that it could not detect intel mywifi technology dll and hence it could not run
3. In order to get the intelmywifi technology dll, I installed intel my wifi dashboard (Intel® Download Center).
4. Upon opening intel mywifi dashboard, I noticed that there was an on/off toggle for mywifi technology so I got excited.
5. My excitement got crushed when I couldn't click on it as it was a lite version only.
6. I dug around to find out why is that the case and found that my proset drivers need to be 15.2 or above and I had 18.104.22.168 (which apparently seems older than 15.2) (Thread here: Intel My Wifi Dashboard - Only Lite? (Centrino Advanced-N 6230)
7. Hence I downloaded the latest wireless 17_xx from the website and thought that would fix my drivers -> hence I would get a full version of intel mywifi dashboard -> hence able to toggle on the intel mywifi technology -> hence intel widi should work (Latest Proset Drivers downloaded from here: Intel® Download Center)
I might be completely wrong with this thought process. But please help me with any direction.
Followed the Intel Widi Installation steps here (Support Knowledge Base)
Install the latest graphics driver (Requirements here: Support Knowledge Base)
My Laptop (check)
Install the latest intel wireless driver
My Laptop (Check)
Install the latest intel widi software
Downloaded from here (Intel® Download Center) and installed but not working as explained above
My Laptop (Check)
Please note that depending on the wireless adapter you have, the Operating System installed and the driver version installed the driver version will look different than the one you downloaded.
So in your case since you are downloading version 17.1.0 it will be displayed as 22.214.171.124
Please refer to the following link:
If you are still having problems to Set WiDi, I recommend you updating the graphics driver to the latest here:
If you find problems during the installation of the driver, try the step mentioned here:
It is also important to check other things:
- Make sure the Wireless Band is set as 2.4GHz or at least the Wireless adapter is connected at 2.4GHz.
- Disable all firewalls in your computer.
- Uninstall the WiDi software and install the following:
- Make sure the WiDi Adapter is running with the latest firmware.
Try these steps but I would also like to know if you are able to get to the Screen where it asks for the password code or not
Please also provide the following:
- Computer Brand/ model
- WiDi adapter and firmware version installed?
- Attach your dxdiag report here. How to get it?
Dxdiag Report: Type dxdiag in Start Menu> open> Save> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.