4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 7, 2014 12:29 AM by mhahn

INPUT CAPTURE WITH GALILEO GEN 2

anhtuanhoang

Hi,

i'm a new engineer and i have a project with this. I have a sensor with output is a pulse. I think that i can use the Input Capture but dose the Galileo Gen 2 have it and how about the Example code ?

Thank you very much !

• 1. Re: INPUT CAPTURE WITH GALILEO GEN 2
          DiegoV_Intel

Hi anhtuanhoang,

There is a common function for Arduino called pulseIn() that you could use, however it isn't supported for the Galileo Board since the MCU architecture is different. The reason why I mentioned it is because you can write your own version of the function, so as first step I'd recommend you to see how the pulseIn() works. You can visit the Arduino page and search for the pulseIn() function to get more details about it.

Additionally, I'll recommend you to check these posts:

pulseIn

Setting up a heart pulse sensor on a Galileo

In the first post there is a discussion about the pulseIn() function and an user shared their own version of the pulseIn() function, so you could take that code as a base to write your own function version. In the second post there is a discussion about a pulse sensor that it could probably works similar to yours. However, the important thing I want you to check is the last reply, where another user shared their own custom code for pulse sensors. It might works for you.

I hope this information helps you with your project. Have a nice day!

Regards,

Diego.

• 2. Re: INPUT CAPTURE WITH GALILEO GEN 2
            DinoT_Intel

Hi,

pulseIn() is actually now been ported into the IDE.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: INPUT CAPTURE WITH GALILEO GEN 2
              anhtuanhoang

thank you very much for asking my question.

i have one question that need you to help that can the RX and TX pin can communication with MAX232 because MAX232 use 5V Power supplier and the Galileo use 3v3

• 4. Re: INPUT CAPTURE WITH GALILEO GEN 2
                mhahn

pls open a new thread for new questions and mark answered question as answered.