Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

HD Graphics 3000

csimp2
Beginner

This is a fresh install from DVD. I installed Windows 8.1 Pro and on boot up right past the logo screen I get the black screen the system just seem to stop loading after that. I hit the power button and the press it again and it loads all the way to desktop. I uninstall the HD Graphic 3000 driver and it works perfect. The Microsoft basic display adapter driver has no display or resolution settings. I have downloaded 5 drivers from the Toshiba website with no luck in fixing the problem. Can you point me in the right direction for the driver? Toshiba Satellite L775 S7352 Intel graphics 3000. All updates from Microsoft installed along with chip set, display etc.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Cory

Here is a link to the generic Intel HD Graphics drivers for HD Graphics 3000. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23764 Intel® Download Center

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
csimp2
Beginner

I installed that driver and it is doing the same thing. Do you have anything else that might remedy this problem? Thanks for your help Robert.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Cory

Use Device Manager and uninstall the Intel HD Graphics driver and select the "Remove Files" option. After reboot, go to Windows Update and scan the system for updates. Look in the recommended updates list for the Intel HD Graphics driver and check the box to install it. Please post back your results.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
csimp2
Beginner

As soon as the driver installed the display screen went black. I then hit the power button and it went all the way to desk top. I restarted it to see if it fixed it and it booted to the black screen again.

0 Kudos
csimp2
Beginner

Anything else I can try? Is there no fix for this?.... I have the boot log if someone knows about that.

0 Kudos