3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2014 11:28 AM by joe_intel

Replace Android with Windows or Linux Distro

Z37

Hi,

I got a tablet running on an Intel Atom Bay Trail-T Z3745 Soc. The tablet comes shipped with Android. My questions is, is it possible to replace android with Windows or a Linux Distro. How to do this? For now I only can boot into Droidboot Provision OS and the Recovery boot. There is no Bios/UEFI like on laptops and desktops or Windows Based tablets.

Thank you

• 1. Re: Replace Android with Windows or Linux Distro
          joe_intel

Hi Z37, the operating system support for any system does not only depend on the processor, chipset and graphics being used; therefore I recommend you checking with the system manufacturer regarding the supported operating systems for your device.

• 2. Re: Replace Android with Windows or Linux Distro
            Z37

Hi joe,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately there is no support from the manufacturer regarding support for OS. The problem I am facing is that there is no BIOS on the tablet therefore i cannot boot from a live usb. There is a Droidboot Provision OS. I have searched the web and could't find anything usefull on this subject. I was wondering if Intel had any support on this subject? Is there a way to install a BIOS? Or am I thinking to simple? There are other tablets with the same Soc and familiar specs which do have a BIOS and are shipped with Windows.

Thanks in advance

• 3. Re: Replace Android with Windows or Linux Distro
              joe_intel

I can certainly understand; however, the BIOS, firmware, boot manager and/or operating system are provided by the system manufacturer.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.