2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2016 8:59 AM by rspeak

"No, Be afraid of RAID. Be VERY afraid!"

rspeak

I have been running 4 (four) D54250WYKH.  Setup RAID function with intel mSATA and 2.5" intel ssd. Works fine for a while. And then! Slowly corrupts OS install. Then when i try a fresh re-install, get all kinds of weirdness, "an error has occurred and install cannot continue," blah blah blah. I rolled back to a standard linear setup, with the 2.5" as the backup to the mSATA. Using Window Server Backup applet. Not a lick of trouble. Bottom line: don't use the RAID! It's defective. Intel, if you are listening, I have fully tested four NUCs. All have RAID issue. And I will be attaching screens to support my findings. Anyone else have this issue? Please weigh in!

• 1. Re: "No, Be afraid of RAID. Be VERY afraid!"
          allan_intel

Thanks for joining the NUC community.

I would like more information about your system configuration:

Please provide BIOS version?

Intel® Rapid Storage version?

Which version of Windows do you have?

What RAID level have you tried?

Allan.

• 2. Re: "No, Be afraid of RAID. Be VERY afraid!"
            rspeak

@Allan_Intel,

So sorry for the delay.  I basically let the issue drop.  But it is still an issue.  Please see the following:

So here is the latest skinny: the i3 and i5 Gen4 NUCs are a ticking time bomb! That's right! The moment you try to setup RAID....boom! I had 2 out of my 6 NUC fail on me! All this time I had not been using the secondary SATA port, and mistakenly assuming all was well. Now that  I have enough of the proper spec SSD to use in RAID1, I discovered the two defective.  Sometimes detects and sometimes not at all.  Not good, Intel!!

Intel has addressed it, thank God. The fix is at this thread. I gonna need 6 replacements!

https://communities.intel.com/thread/57620

Intel HAS confirmed this issue and I desire resolution ASAP.  Thanks!

Robert