5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2014 12:00 PM by JPMontero_Intel

Edison IDE wont open!

DeweyMec

Hello:

I had the opportunity to use the Edison in a recent Hackathon (PennApps, at the U. of Pennsylvania) and  I installed and could use the Arduino IDE for the Edison. Acouple of days ago I installed the Arduino IDE for "normal arduino boards for another poject. Afterwards I tried to open the Arduino IDE for Edison, but only the Splashscreen apearrs, and after that the program does not open.

I wanted to ask what I could do, or if someone had a similar issue; I want to do projects with both the Edison and arduino boards, so I would like if I could have both installed.

Thanks,

Ed Garcia.

• 1. Re: Edison IDE wont open!
          JPMontero_Intel

Hi

Try extracting the IDE for Edison in a different location from other Arduino IDE versions you have on your computer and avoid using the Arduino folder located in documents since all the sketches and libraries will be shared with other versions. And please attach a screenshot of the error you are getting.

Regards,
          JPMontero_Intel

• 2. Re: Edison IDE wont open!
            DeweyMec

Hello:

Thank you for your response. I had Edison's Arduino IDE on one drive 't(F:) and the normal arduino on another drive (C:). When I open it I don get any error: The splashscreen opens, and then closes after 3 seconds, and no program is loaded.

• 3. Re: Edison IDE wont open!
              JPMontero_Intel

That is strange, what OS are you using? Please also indicate which region and language your OS uses. I've heard of similar problems with the Arduino IDE due to java, but I've not seen this in this versions of the IDE. Have you tried downloading it again? I mean to discard the option of a corrupted file. When the IDE closes, does it show up any errors?

Regards,
                JPMontero_Intel

• 4. Re: Edison IDE wont open!
                DeweyMec

Hello. I am using Windows 7 (Spanish, Colombia). I used the Arduino IDE for Edison and it worked ok, and days later installed the normal Arduino. After that it does not work. I do not receive any error when I try to open the Edison Arduino IDE. Just the Splash Screen for two seconds, and it then closes: no sort of feedback is provided.

I will try to reinstall the Edison Arduino IDE and see if both IDE's works.

Thanks!

• 5. Re: Edison IDE wont open!
                  JPMontero_Intel

Hi DeweyMec,

Did you try re-installing the Arduino IDE for Edison/Galileo? If it didn't take a look at this post https://communities.intel.com/thread/49950 and try the suggestion in there. Let me know if either of the suggestions worked.

Regards,
                    JPMontero_Intel