8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2014 11:00 AM by DiegoV_Intel

Info about SKUs listed at Mouser?

retrochip

607-EDI1.SPON.AL.S

607-EDI1.LPOF.AL.S

607-EDI1.SPOF.AL.S

607-EDI1.LPON.AL.S

I can understand the difference in bonded vs. external antenna, but the only other difference in the descriptions there is listing "wearable" or not.  Please explain.

Also, please ship =/

• 1. Re: Info about SKUs listed at Mouser?
          DiegoV_Intel

Hi retrochip,

If you look the link "Learn more about Intel…" for each of the links you posted yo can see that is the same Edison. Edison was designed for wearable and IoT applications, see the section "Description/Function" in each of those links.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Diego.

• 2. Re: Info about SKUs listed at Mouser?
            flummer

Hmm.. I wonder if the wearable or LP sku's are a "low power" version for long time battery use and the other one is a "standard power" version for development and/or more wired scenarios?

I'm just guessing ;-)

/Thomas

• 3. Re: Info about SKUs listed at Mouser?
              amarchini

The part numbers have AL.S and AL.MP. I was guessing that the wearable versions are .s because one of the two cores is disabled to conserve power, hence .s = single processor and .mp - multi processor. Of course, actually explaining the difference with details would be appreciated. Designed for wearable vs IOT doens't mean a darn thing except to marketing people.

• 4. Re: Info about SKUs listed at Mouser?
                flummer

Hi Amarchini,

From looking at the Mouser product listing, it seems like both the Wearable and the one with just IoT comes in AL.S and AL.MP versions. Mouser has 8 different boards which waries in the following way:

On board antenna or off board (external) antenna (matches up with ON. or OF. part of the product number)

Wearable or not in the product description (matches up with the .LP or .SP part of the product number)

and then the last part that doesn't reflect a change in the description (matches up with .MP or .S part of the product number)

Single and multi processor is a good suggestion for the last part, but the descriptions says dual core/dual thread for all of them, but that might be an error.

I can't find any of the boards in http://ark.intel.com/ so I guess we need an intel person to clarify a bit here.

/Thomas

• 5. Re: Info about SKUs listed at Mouser?
                  flummer

Hi,

and then the last part that doesn't reflect a change in the description (matches up with .MP or .S part of the product number)

I just had a look at Mousers Edison overview page (http://dk.mouser.com/new/Intel/intel-edison/) and it looks like the last part is a multi pack option with 10 pcs. minimum purchase.

I'll try to get an answer to the wearable or not part at the Intel booth at Maker Faire in Rome this weekend.

/Thomas

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Info about SKUs listed at Mouser?
                    flummer

Well, I have talked to some of the Intel guys at Maker Faire Rome, and there are in fact two different versions, the EDI1.LP* SKUs that correspond to the Wearable description is a low power version, not the CPU, but the wireless radio has been limited to keep the thermal properties at a lower level.

For development and general tinkering, they suggested to use the regular one (EDI1.SP*) and if you are concerned about the device heating up, run the radio in bursts and keep a low duty cycle.

It's also the standard one that is bundled with the two breakout boards.

/Thomas

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Info about SKUs listed at Mouser?
                      AlexT_Intel

Yep, that's exactly the case, DiegoV_Intel I'd suggest you to mark this one as the answer instead of teh currently accepted answer.

• 8. Re: Info about SKUs listed at Mouser?
                        DiegoV_Intel

Done. Thanks for sharing the info flummer.