Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - Intel HD 5000 Driver Update Problem

MZece
Beginner

Hello guys,

I just signed up to post about a problem I've got with my new Surface device regarding Intel Graphics drivers.

I looked up a lot on the Internet and tried every method I could find, like manually installing, completely uninstall, etc. - yet it seems like nothing works for me.

Problem:

The current version installed on my Surface Pro 3 (i7-4650U) with Intel HD 5000 is 10.18.10.3907 while 15.36.3.64.3907 seems to be the latest one.

I noticed when uninstalling the driver once I ended up on a 9.x.x.x version and then after trying to install the latest one with the 15.36.x.x setup, I again ended up with the 10.18.x.x version.

Is the Surface kind of restricted by Microsoft regarding latest Intel Graphics drivers or is there any solve for me?

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Matej

The Intel HD Graphics drivers for the Surface Pro* 3 are customized by Microsoft* specifically to give the best possible experience on the Surface Pro 3 for the user. I would strongly recommend only using the Intel HD Graphics drivers found on the Microsoft support site for the Surface Pro 3 found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38826 Download Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 2, and Surface Pro firmware and driver packs from Official Microsoft Download Center

While you can install the generic Intel HD Graphics drivers, you will lose the customizations that Microsoft made to the driver and the experience will not be as Microsoft intended.

Thanks

Robert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi Matej

The Intel HD Graphics drivers for the Surface Pro* 3 are customized by Microsoft* specifically to give the best possible experience on the Surface Pro 3 for the user. I would strongly recommend only using the Intel HD Graphics drivers found on the Microsoft support site for the Surface Pro 3 found here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38826 Download Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 2, and Surface Pro firmware and driver packs from Official Microsoft Download Center

While you can install the generic Intel HD Graphics drivers, you will lose the customizations that Microsoft made to the driver and the experience will not be as Microsoft intended.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
dCall3
Beginner

Hi matej

I'm having the same issue. Did you find a solution to install the latest version ?

0 Kudos