When this is happening Event Viewer gives me these error messages:
In System tab:
Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
In Application tab:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
These files may be available here:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: c0ccde3a-3d3e-11e4-8089-84a6c8fc2ff5
Report Status: 4
Hello IGotNoHoney, I’m sorry to hear that you are having issues with this system.
It appears that your system is not allowing the installation of generic drivers therefore it will be necessary to contact Asus for additional support or drivers.
This behavior was reported a few months ago; please check this URL for additional information.
Please download and install the following driver. Please follow the installation instructions below explicitly to install this driver.
Intel HD Graphics driver 64 bit: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/24224/a08/GFX_Win7_8_8.1_64_10.18.10.3910.zip
1. Login with administrator privileges
2. Open Control Panel
3. Open Device Manager
4. Click on "Display adapters"
5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics"
6. Click on the "Driver" tab
7. Click on "Update Driver" button
8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
10. Click on "Have Disk" button
11. Click "Browse"
12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped the Beta Intel HD Graphics driver to
13.Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder
14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS
16. Click "Next"
Driver should now be installing.
17. If successful, click "Close"
Please let me know if this driver does or does not resolve the issue you are seeing.