Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Missing 4790 graphic drivers for Windows 8.1

IZava
Beginner

Hi there,

I just bought the 4790 and installed fresh new Windows 8.1 with the latest drivers from everywhere (including Intel's update tool), but the graphic drivers still doesn't work well.

For example, the start screen is really laggish, moving windows around is really slow and does not response well. It must be the graphics driver.

So I searched all over the place and couldn't find anything, I just installed Windows 7 instead and everything works really well.

Yet, I would like to go back to Windows 8.1 for my work. Does anyone know this issue? Are there any official drivers out there for Windows 8.1?

Thank you,

Idanz.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Idanz, I recommend you a clean installation of Windows* 8.1, install the Intel® Chipset driver and Intel® Management Engine from the motherboard manufacturer's website. Then, you can install the Intel® HD Graphics driver from the same source or the ones linked below for the corresponding operating system architecture (32 or 64 bit).

0 Kudos