The information you need is in this guide https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-23147#jive_content_id_Step_5__Connect_Edison_to_WiFi . Please attach a screenshot of your view of steps 12, 13 and 15.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I got into the same problem while getting started to Intel Edison.
I followed all the steps in the "Getting Started with Intel Edison" Guides found in many websites , but I just couldn't connect to the Device Information page from my browser.
I also couldn't connect to my Intel Edison IP Address through SSH. But I could ping to it from my computer!!
It would say "Connection Refused"
Here is the solution for that:
If you cannot ping to Edison from your computers of the same network,
1) Try this,
2) If connection is slow , try turning of the Power Management option of the wlan0.
3) Make sure there is no IP conflict between wlan0 and usb0
Finally, if you are able to ping, and still not able to view the device information page in your Browser, try this:Note: Being able to ping to the Intel Edison suggests that there is no problem with your connection.
So, we are going to try updating and restarting our Apache2 in Intel Edison.
- root@edison:~# echo src/gz all http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/all > /etc/opkg/base-feeds.conf
- root@edison:~# echo src/gz edison http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/edison >> /etc/opkg/base-feeds.conf
- root@edison:~# echo src/gz core2-32 http://repo.opkg.net/edison/repo/core2-32 >> /etc/opkg/base-feeds.conf
- root@edison:~# opkg update
- root@edison:~# opkg install apache2
- If steps 04 and 05 take some time without showing any error, just wait and have a sip of coffee . It takes some time to download and install! . Unless it shows some error, you need not worry.
- root@edison:~# systemctl reenable apache2
- root@edison:~# systemctl restart apache2
- root@edison:~# reboot
- Don't forget this
After reboot, check weather Apache2 is Loaded, Enabled and Running in your Intel Edison.
root@edison:~# systemctl status apache2
After setting up your Wifi config again, try the IP address in your browser. Now, "It works!" will be displayed.
For reference : webserver connection error
And you can successfully SSH into your Edison!!
Hope this solves the Issue!
I still not able to view the device information page in web Browser after trying this. Please help. Thank you.
This is a very old thread so some of the suggestions posted for the first user might not be up to date anymore. Please open a new thread with your issue and be as descriptive as possible.