Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

Intel Atom Z3775 with Intel HD Graphics (Bay Trail) / Implementing resolution 2560x1080

RGrem
Beginner

Hello,

Today I connected my LG ultrawide monitor to my new Notebook with the Atom Z3775 and Intel HD graphics. The Monitor has a resolution of 2560x1080 which I wanted to set up in the graphics properties .

But within the graphics poperties there are only a few preselected resolutions up to 1920x1080 and there is no possibility to add further.

Therefore Í wanted to create a custom resolution with the "custommadeapp.exe", but it the programm simply does not start/open.

I tried it several times as admin and normal user. No Chance.

What can I do to create the Special Resolution?

How can I download a working custommadeapp.exe?

How can I receive the resolution of 2560x1080?

I know that the graphic chip can support 2560x1600, so it should not be a problem.

I somebody having an idea, how I could solve the issue.

Thanks & kind regards

Ricky
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

I understand you are trying to obtain 2560x1080 screen resolution.

I see the processor Atom Z3775 is based on Baytrail technology, according to our engineering department, the graphics controller would support up to 1920*1080 (1080 i/p).

I regret to inform you that you would not be able to create a custom resolution higher than 1920*1080.

Allan.

0 Kudos
RGrem
Beginner

Hello Allan,

Thanks for your feedback. I am a bit surprised. as I read that the graphic core can run up to 2560x1600.

"The integrated video decoder supports all popular codecs such as MPEG2, H.264, VC1, VP8 and MVC and is suitable for resolutions up to 4K up to 100 Mbit/s. The user can connect up to two displays via HDMI 1.4 (max. 1920 x 1080) or DisplayPort 1.2 (max. 2560 x 1600). Another new feature is the support for Wireless Display and Quick Sync, Intel's fast and power efficient H-264 hardware encoder. Some of these features are not available on all models."

The other issue I have is that the custommodeapp.exe is not even starting. So even if I wanted to create a custom resolution it is simply not possible. Is there a Chance to dowmload the app elsewhere again?

Kind regards

Ricky

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information.

Custommodeapp.exe is available when you install latest video drivers for your graphics controller.

Please try to find the path manually:

1. C:\Windows\System32.
  2. Look for the Intel application named CustomModeApp.exe or CustomModeAppv2_0

Download the latest driver here:

Bay Trail - Download the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23713 Windows 8.1/8* 32-bit driver, https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23714 Windows 8.1/8 64-bit driver, or https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23714 Windows 7 64-bit driver

Allan.

0 Kudos
PZhon
Beginner

I have ATOM 3735D. CustomModeApp.exe or CustomModeAppv2_0 simply refuse to run. I managed to run it on the older ASUS T100TA tablet. Any hints/help?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

If CustomModeApp does not run on your device, this means that you need customized drivers from your Tablet maker.

Allan.

0 Kudos
SBaum3
Beginner

Ricky, same config, same problem here. interestingly enough, it worked for me once I had uninstalled the Intel Graphic drivers and went with the Microsoft Basic Display adapter...hope that helps.

0 Kudos
JLiu90
Beginner

I'm not sure but I think you should unlock BIOS setting (if possible) and increase video memory first. ...hope this helps.

0 Kudos